Twingo RS Cup suspension dilema

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimed

Reaction score
Hy everyone,

I own a 2008 Twingo RS Cup and as a second car in our house it is mainly used by my wife.
I use it when it needs to be maintained, washed and sometimes during weekend.

We love our RS, it is very practical even with two children inside and we would like to keep it.
It was never used on a track or for high speed chasing (maybe sometimes late, late night :)
It is very nice looking and in past we always owned Twingo as a second car.

Car is running on serial 17'' alloys with 195/40 tires on a CUP suspension.

My question is - how to make it a little bit softer?

Just with springs / which one (brand)?
Will it drop, remain the same height or be even higher from the ground than with serial suspension?

Coilovers - possible the best solution because I can make it softer or stiffer by my self?!

I know hat most of you will say ''mate, you have a wrong car'' but we love it and despite being stiffer than regular Twingo we intend to keep it, I just would like to know do I have any option regarding suspension or not!

Thank you for reading entire post - hope you will find a minute or two to reply.

Br,

Hi think you've answered your own question really pop the standerd rs springs and shocks in there also a dam sight cheaper than the cup set up should be perfect for what your wanting. If more comfort needed drop your wheel size to 16 or even 15 inch but really like you say rs cars aren't for the luxury comfort driver lol there for driving pleaseure/fun.

Cup RS 133":256x0bcn said:
Hi think you've answered your own question really pop the standerd rs springs and shocks in there also a dam sight cheaper than the cup set up should be perfect for what your wanting. If more comfort needed drop your wheel size to 16 or even 15 inch but really like you say rs cars aren't for the luxury comfort driver lol there for driving pleaseure/fun.

Thank you for your comment.
Unfortunately in Croatia there are few (up to 50) Twingo RS cars it would be easier for me to buy and to mount coil over kit from a certain brand!
Does anybody have experience with KW or similar brand?
Generally I'm looking for a softer option!

Thank you in advance.

Br,

Milan

Hi, in our family we have a twingo rs gordini for the same use! I solved with 16" megane wheels, 6,5" channel and 195/45/16 michelin tyres. more comfortable for use in city roads :)

The problem you are having is the size and weight and tyre profile. I had the same issue with my girlfriends 133, dropped to 15" team dynamics pro race 1.2 on continental tyres it now drives like a different car so much better!