Twingogeekeo's RS Progress Thread

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Ok did have a Twingo GT thought id do the right thing and go a Twingo RS :D .

Right picked the Rs up the 29/7/2009 from sewards renault in portsmouth. costing me £10995 with 1500 miles on the clock. Also got a set of Renault Sport mats chucked in on the deal. And my private plates transferd from the Twingo GT. Its got the cup pack and sound pack on it

Before i picked it up i dropped off a rear diffuser from a Gt (brand new), The renault sport gear knob, The renault sport handbrake cover and The play pedals for the dealer to fit for me was really supraise to have it all fitted they only charged me £110.40 (of course i bought the bits from the dealer i work for to keep the cost down) And got logicar (autoelection) to fit a Parrot bluetooth kit CK3100 £40 and got the kit from work to save money again

As time went by i did a few bits to it first of all it was time to play with the light. So the OE H4 light out Phillip Blue Visions in. Also at the same time did the same with the side lights, number plate lights and interior lights all with Phillip Blue Visions. Also then ebayed it up and got some silvertec indicator bulbs for front, rear and side indicators. While i had the side indicators out i fought why not and changed the lens to black.

After i bit of time i brought a Ktec panel filter had that fitted to the car but didnt think to much to the filter so i removed that and put a K&N Apollo induction kit on the car. Had that on there a fair bit of time and then the noise of the filter started to touch a nerve of mine so i removed it and went back to the standard system. But then some fun started while fitting the standard system i got a bit pissed off and forced the fitler box into place and broke the bleed nipple off the water housing causing me to have the car off the road for a couple of days while i was awaiting a new water housing to turn up and one of the techys from work to come road and fit it back up and run the coolant system up to remove any air.

I also have painted the calipers ST orange just to keep a blue, black and orange theme for the car seeing the interior is orange.

Also got a set of both Twingo and Renaultsport showroom plates ready for car show and never used them. The Twingo plates are still in the boot and the Renaultsport plate was lent to a freind for when he goes on trackdays in his 172 and i have never seen them come back but im sure they will some time not like im in a rush for them.

Fought i would pimp my wheels up so i brought some blue dice valve caps (£4.96 posted) that im very surpraised has been stolen from the car yet seeing the car lives on my drive and only move here and there but hardly moves unless i really need to use it.

Not long after i painted the caliper i fitted a OMP rear strur brace and painted it black to look stelth in the boot. Fits in there perfect.

Took the car to SCR audio and window tinting to have the front windows lightly smoked. they done a cracking job on them only problem i was on the phone talking to the misses at the time when he turned the car on to adjust the window so i lost connection with her as it went to the handsfree kit as you can guess she was to happy with me about that was a good price tho (£76.50).

Also very anal i brought a ipod 5th gen in orange as i would use it in the car to match the interior and have a few blue ipod socks to match the car.

Brought myself a helmet for trackday that i may add i still havnt used yet really need to get the little charmer on the track.

I also vinyl the front bumper number plate recess but did a shocking just around the edges so that got moved extremely fast and booking in with another company that did a worse job then i did so that got removed aswell. Havent bothered with getting it done again but have fought about getting it sprayed.

Add a little stick 133 inside sticker that is soon to be removed as it has started to crack in places that will teach me for thing ebay is always a winner but i have ordered a new one from the company i get the Twingo133.net stickers from so shouldnt have a issue i hope.

Car had its first service at 8719ish miles. Service items was

Oil filter
Sump washer
Pollen filter
5W40 Oil
Petrol treatment
Oil treatment

And was a bargain at £23.58 has its perks working in a dealer.

Ordered a Twingo RS Cup Spoiler that looks extremely nice and go that fitted. Had some fun with that but i wont bore you with that.

Also in that time somewhere i got a motorsport towing eye from Stealthsport and a mini areial Thats all for now i think from memory :lol:

Also had the recall done on the wheel bolts

I shall try keep on track with this now :D

Pictures to follow.

Here is a few pictures over the time i fought i wont go into detail but as items arrive and get fitted i will add better pics :)

DSCF0035.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

DSCF0045.jpg

DSCF1162_edited.jpg

TwingoRSWiththebigeye.jpg

DSCF1203.jpg

Had a little toy turn up today :)

BMC Airfilter from stealthsport that i know of its the first in the UK :D Brought from stealthsport after being sent there via Eurocarparts :)

DSCF1240.jpg

DSCF1237.jpg

DSCF1238.jpg

DSCF1239.jpg

Right i have now driven the the :)

Better throttle and a smoother drive. Like it alot i had a K tec on before but got rid of it as i didnt think much to it but i have to say i think this is the one

might be able to chuck on in with the stickers you ordered but still awaiting the postal order :)

We shall see or just order something form SMC ;)

Haha. Ok mate. Cheers ;)
It should be with you today. I posted it on Saturday, so it would have been collected yesterday. Hmmm, hopefully tomorrow then :)

I have nothing as of yet but i think you sent it to my home address from memory so i wont know till im home anyways :lol: all going to plan will be in the post tomorrow when i go to bank the postal order :)

During our meet yesterday on came the HIDs from hatton performance and have to say they look awesome :)

DSC_0005.jpg

Right my new sidelight bulbs turned up today :) Also have the same ones in the number plate but i backed the car so close to the wall i cant get a picture :lol:

Here are the pictures including the HIDs in the dark.

Side Lights
DSC_0008-1.jpg

HIDs
DSC_0019.jpg

Interior Bulb
DSC_0021.jpg

Prabmire":37tsm1bx said:
Hids look pretty good, not a slim ballast kit mind ;)
Saw these being installed and there's plenty of room in the engine bay for the ballasts so don't see the need for a slim kit (and Karl has air con so even less room in the bay...).

Looking good mate, might have to get some extra led bulbs too!