Tyres 195 or 205 ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Prabmire":16xw2sja said:
Yeah you generally run the smaller profile on front, i wanted to fit 195 50 tyres to my front wheels to replace standard 185 55s but they would of looked gash so just refitted 185 55s instead, it would be noticeable in pictures more then to the eye but still noticeable

u would run the bigger tyre where ever it is needed!so on a clio v6 205/50/17 on front
235/45/17 on rear because its rear wheel drive but a twingo is front wheel drive so 205/45/16 on front
195/45/16 rear .

u could even go to 195/50 on the rear for better grip at the back and even better traction from the front (due to it being lowwer) but in a twingo the diffrence wouldnt b noticeable!

drag cars can run 9" slicks on the front and super skinnies on the back as there only there to b pulled along with as little reistance as poss!!

Twingos not a drag car, clio had wider wheels on back and was mid engined, for looks on a relatively normal hot hatch i would run same profile all round or the slightly chunkier profile on rear

As the 133 is front wheel drive, it is logical to put the wider tyres on the front. Agreed, it may look slightly better with larger tyres at the back but performance wouldn't be as good.

I'm going to replace my front tyres soon and I think I'm going to leave 195/40/17s on the back and get 205/40/17s on the front. Any recommendations on which tyres to choose? I've been thinking of Hankook V12 or Toyo T1R so far.

Has no one ever questioned why RenaultSport, who have a consistent proven record with excellent tyre choices on all particular models, selected 195's for the 133.......

Al":5ay74msn said:
Has no one ever questioned why RenaultSport, who have a consistent proven record with excellent tyre choices on all particular models, selected 195's for the 133.......

I think they chose looks over performance. The same reason they chose 17" wheels for the 133 cup, they look brilliant, but don't help handling and overall performance at all.

Monster Detail":p2wbb0b7 said:
Al":p2wbb0b7 said:

I think they chose looks over performance. The same reason they chose 17" cup wheels for the 133, they look brilliant but don't help handling and overall performance at all.

???????????????????????

Twingogeekeo":3ksghbwi said:
Monster Detail":3ksghbwi said:
Al":3ksghbwi said:

I think they chose looks over performance. The same reason they chose 17" cup wheels for the 133, they look brilliant but don't help handling and overall performance at all.

???????????????????????

I don't get it.

id go4 yoko pradas but think they will b out of ur budget so id say toyo t1-r's

TURBO":zl35fw56 said:
id go4 yoko pradas but think they will b out of ur budget so id say toyo t1-r's

That ALMOST sounds insulting =P

All prices for 205/40 17R W from Black Circles

T1-R - £73.28 a tyre
Yoko Parada Spec 2 - £70.10 a tyre
Conti Sport Contact 3 - £120.82 a tyre

From experience.

T1-Rs were sh*t hot, you don't get much mileage off them but at that price you don't mind. Good in Dry, Wet and (suprisingly) Snow. I had them on my Rover and was very impressed with them.

Paradas were great in dry conditions, couldn't really fault them but they are shockingly bad in the wet.

I can't really fault the Contis on anything but the Price....I mean....F***ING STROLL ON!!!!!

M

i wasnt trying to be rude!he said his budget was £150.
i can get 2 toyos for way less than that but yoko's are only just under that.

t1r's are ok but not that great
conti's are also ok but not great especially for the mad price!!!!
where as iv never had any prob with parada's wet or dry.i use them on all my road going cars and they are brilliant!!couldnt even fault them in the snow!!
they do start to struggle on track.but this aint a track car!

TURBO":1ftpjwcc said:
but this aint a track car!

I beg to differ :p

I'm seriously doubting replacing mine with CS3's now - there's no justification in such a price.

Al":y68pjfnj said:
TURBO":y68pjfnj said:
but this aint a track car!

I beg to differ :p

I'm seriously doubting replacing mine with CS3's now - there's no justification in such a price.

haha i ment karls car :lol: not all twingo's :twisted:
what tyres do u use on track?out of intrest do u use road tyres?