tyres?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jilopyjim

Reaction score
any1 got yokohama s-drive's? looking at getting 205 40 17's they seem to have good review's and are not bad price wise

well thanx for the response lol gone for khumo's thought a better get something that is really good in the wet seen as i live in sunny scotland! just need a free wknd to repaint wheels and get them fitted and a few other little mods

sorry mate i didn't see this post, i would have recommended that you got maxxis ma-z1's. i can get you them fitted through here in the west end of glasgow for 75 a corner in your size. couple of my mates run them in their bmw's and won't touch any other tyre :)
pretty sure maggi ran them on his twingo or was it matt? and swears by them, also Suprtmrtino1 (martin) from cumbernauld, recently got him a set on his twingo for his MOT and his eyes lit up with the dry grip especially for the price

ho well will have to be the test pilot for khumo ecsta le sport £70 a corner they do have good reviews too an a in wet and e in economy and 71db ,are meant to offer good dry grip ,they're sitting waiting to be put on so will keep you posted ,mate of mine put maxis on his r32 n they didn't last long

i can imagine! in high powered cars like an r32 they're not going to last too long, my mate has them on his clio 172 and they've lasted 18,000 miles from new till 2.5mm tread! realistically, it's about how you drive :)

£70 seems a fair price, interested to see how they perform mate. kumho's ''budget tyres'' are pretty good for what they are

I dislike the maxxis. I liked them when they went on (or rather came brand new on the 182s).

Nice at first.
Wear fast, squeal long before the grip goes (meaning everyone looks)
Lock up way before abs wants to kick in
Slide all over the place.

Amazingly they were better in the wet than they were in the dry. Stick them on a drift car, keep to something better for performance.

there is a thread that's lengthy regarding this subject tut tut, quick browse through certain sections or a quick blast on the search bar keeps things less cluttered lads!

i think everyone would agree that toyo maxxis michelin continental so on so forth all make a cracking tyre, w/e one you go for you won't be dissapointed. it just seems to be a case of getting a good deal at the correct time, i certainly would have no qualms in using any of the above mentioned tyres as long as the price were right

We have maxxis tyres on the front of ours, they are fantastic !

Considering the contis are like 130 odd I'll probably be replacing any others with the maxxis when the time comes

Just saw this so going to put my input into it! When I 1st got my car I had continental's all round on it the £125 quid ones they were really good provided cracking grip could really throw it into the corners and it would grip! Now I have maxxis on the front and the grip is even better as I found out the other week when I went round a corner about 20mph faster than I had ever dared before however today is the 1st day that its rained since the maxxis have been on and well it was slippery to sat the least traction control was flickering at a couple of roundabouts I went round but I don't mind that there's a bit of play in the wet makes the twingo even more fun to drive so all in all I love the maxxis but its your own preference I suppose :D

got the new tyres on yesterday ,still not got the wheels painted because the baw bag painter let me down again but took the car for a drive to glasgow and back and think they are the bollox plenty grip in the corners and seem slightly quieter ,true to form the heavens opened and the rain came down ,pretty heavy downpours and the tyres stuck like glue giving lots of confidence, so I'm' please as punch with them running at 30 psi can't fault them!