Unexpected Orange Juice - Dom's Twingo GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didge3":2u2ty2bj said:
LC":2u2ty2bj said:
Post your engine/exhaust sound viewtopic.php?t=11168
Haha not much point me posting there, boring stock rubbish that I'm running now. After new exhaust maybe but that won't be until after I've sold one of my other cars littering the country :roll:

Yeah gives a good idea of the sound so long as you don't get a cherry bomb shouldn't be too chavvy

LC":2itbqt77 said:
Yeah gives a good idea of the sound so long as you don't get a cherry bomb shouldn't be too chavvy
No I would never do such a thing, I'll try and post a video at some point I guess.
I'd like a recreate the sound of my Panda (that I need to MOT and sell at some point :( ) not loud but can be heard under acceleration and made quite a nice gruff noise :D

Didge3":31sdc87g said:
LC":31sdc87g said:
Didge3":31sdc87g said:
LC":31sdc87g said:
Post your engine/exhaust sound viewtopic.php?t=11168
Haha not much point me posting there, boring stock rubbish that I'm running now. After new exhaust maybe but that won't be until after I've sold one of my other cars littering the country :roll:

No I would never do such a thing, I'll try and post a video at some point I guess.
I'd like a recreate the sound of my Panda (that I need to MOT and sell at some point :( ) not loud but can be heard under acceleration and made quite a nice gruff noise :D

Oh god ... Lol aim higher

LC":io1dnhjb said:
Oh god ... Lol aim higher
At this point I'd like to point out the Panda wasn't standard... I just realised that isn't apparent from my post.... :lol:

I'm thinking of getting a Scangauge II, in place of a water temp gauge and boost gauge that I was planning on fitting anyway. This also means I can get MPG figures off it too (although I probably won't want to look at those too much...)
Anyone used a Scangauge on a GT, a bit worried about it being able to pick up boost. Some googling around reveals older models with outdated software are rubbish but the current version should be able to pick it up providing it can pick up your MAP sensor??

Not yet I'm planning on fitting an aftermarket system too I have a thread on it I'll keep you pisted

Twingo not being so fun today. Went to go out, unlocked, ignition on, radio sorted, start - click. Nothing, just clicks won't turn over. Sounding possible starter motor. All it does is click when you turn they key, ran fine less than 12hrs before when I drove it last.
Still under warranty with the dealer I got it from so going to try and bumpstart it tomorrow if no ones parked in front of or behind me.

sounds like you've got parasitic drain (a bad earth) somewhere in your system dom. this happened to me recently, it was my dodgy airbag wiring that done it. turn the ignition, chug chug chug screech screech and then click click non stop as if the battery was dead. check the condition of your battery first, if you have a multimeter then check the voltage of the battery it should be 12.6V fully charged and no less than 11.6V. that aside, bump start it and try not to snap the clutch pedal off lol. when you get it started, take it out for a nice long hours drive and then recheck the voltage of the battery whilst the misses or a mate starts the car and let me know what the voltage drops to as it starts!

oscar":3am1m4dw said:
sounds like you've got parasitic drain (a bad earth) somewhere in your system dom. this happened to me recently, it was my dodgy airbag wiring that done it. turn the ignition, chug chug chug screech screech and then click click non stop as if the battery was dead. check the condition of your battery first, if you have a multimeter then check the voltage of the battery it should be 12.6V fully charged and no less than 11.6V. that aside, bump start it and try not to snap the clutch pedal off lol. when you get it started, take it out for a nice long hours drive and then recheck the voltage of the battery whilst the misses or a mate starts the car and let me know what the voltage drops to as it starts!
Thanks for quick reply.
Doesn't chug or screech, or click more than once. It makes one click and does nothing more, engine not turning at all. Although agree could possibly be a bad earth. I have got a multimeter so could check the battery voltage but surely the battery being low or worn out would still be able to turn the engine slowly rather than just click once and do nothing more. I've had weak batteries before and they'd just turn the car over very slowly and sound rubbish before giving up. The radio/headlights etc work fine.

no problem man, just you didn't mention about the headlights etc still working. in which case it's time to bring out my three least favourite letters of the alphabet U C & H ! (UCH) it's the body control module for renaults, does the clicking sound like it's coming from behind the dash somewhere? stereo randomly works and ignition lights etc work but you can't hear the fuel pump prime and the starter won't turn at all? what to do is go through all of the fuses. you'd be surprised how something like say a central locking fuse or any random fuse can interrupt the entire electrics of your car :)

oscar":1a28er63 said:
no problem man, just you didn't mention about the headlights etc still working. in which case it's time to bring out my three least favourite letters of the alphabet U C & H ! (UCH) it's the body control module for renaults, does the clicking sound like it's coming from behind the dash somewhere? stereo randomly works and ignition lights etc work but you can't hear the fuel pump prime and the starter won't turn at all? what to do is go through all of the fuses. you'd be surprised how something like say a central locking fuse or any random fuse can interrupt the entire electrics of your car :)
Not sure if the clicking sounds like behind dash, can't quite remember, I think though sound more under the bonnet. Stereo appears to work every time rather than randomly. Can't say I heard the fuel pump priming but I can't say I've ever heard it before on the Twingo. Starter isn't turning the engine at all though. I'm hoping its a bad earth or starter motor as they should be at least simple fixes for a garage. Even more handy if its a fuse though. Will look at the fuses. Do you mean the in glovebox fuses or under bonnet (I assume there's one under the bonnet anyway)

both fuse boxes mate yeah, engine bay and glove compartment. take them out one at a time and check that the fuse isn't blown. although it's easy enough to just throw out suspicions, it appears the uch can be quite a little devil on the occasional renault but in fairness you could pick anything electrical on the engine .. lets say crankshaft positioning sensor might be done in all of a sudden, the engine would not turn. the started would not be allowed to engage, nothing will happen unless the ecu knows where the pistons are at. i could list about another 30 possibilities lol, that's where the skill of a good mechanic would come in. hope it turns out to be something small and silly mate :)

oscar":hrz0je94 said:
both fuse boxes mate yeah, engine bay and glove compartment. take them out one at a time and check that the fuse isn't blown. although it's easy enough to just throw out suspicions, it appears the uch can be quite a little devil on the occasional renault but in fairness you could pick anything electrical on the engine .. lets say crankshaft positioning sensor might be done in all of a sudden, the engine would not turn. the started would not be allowed to engage, nothing will happen unless the ecu knows where the pistons are at. i could list about another 30 possibilities lol, that's where the skill of a good mechanic would come in. hope it turns out to be something small and silly mate :)
I'm hoping something simple too, blown fuse would be bliss.
Wouldn't something like crank sensor throw up an ecu/check engine light (don't know what you call it in the Renault world). Got no warning lights except power steering and handbrake with ignition on. I'll see if it bump starts tomorrow, if so looking at possible battery issue but more likely starter motor, if not something ECU/sensor related not letting the car start.

Is the car under garage warranty (3 months as standard usually) if so give them a call, doesn't sound like standard wear and tear could be something to do with the car sitting a while

LC":1oy2dfwo said:
Is the car under garage warranty (3 months as standard usually) if so give them a call, doesn't sound like standard wear and tear could be something to do with the car sitting a while
Yes it is under the garage warranty, I think I mentioned this somewhere... The only problem being is the garage is about 80miles from me right now and I can't even get it started so not sure how I'm going to get it there. Will call them if I get it started and I'll take it to them or if not I'll ask if they will pay the bill if I tow it somewhere more local.

Didge3":2a5xzdfb said:
LC":2a5xzdfb said:
Yes it is under the garage warranty, I think I mentioned this somewhere... The only problem being is the garage is about 80miles from me right now and I can't even get it started so not sure how I'm going to get it there. Will call them if I get it started and I'll take it to them or if not I'll ask if they will pay the bill if I tow it somewhere more local.

You usually have to take it too them to be repaired

Well panic over. At first I hadn't suspected it to be a battery issue at all because of the radio and lights working but since oscar suggested it I decided no harm in checking, took the battery box off and the positive wasn't connected properly, it was very loose, tightened the nut on it and instantly started up. Love a simple fix :D
The Twingo is in my good books again :)

Didge3":3ltdrdro said:
Well panic over. At first I hadn't suspected it to be a battery issue at all because of the radio and lights working but since oscar suggested it I decided no harm in checking, took the battery box off and the positive wasn't connected properly, it was very loose, tightened the nut on it and instantly started up. Love a simple fix :D
The Twingo is in my good books again :)

glad to hear it! it's always best practice to start by checking the battery whenever you encounter a problem where the car won't start be it checking the connections are secured properly, or checking voltage / load testing and continuity testing! at which point you can score that off the list and move onto the next problem which may be the alternator, so on and so forth along the line. more often than not it's the battery dom. great to see you're back on the road again and haven't spent a penny