Unexpected Orange Juice - Dom's Twingo GT

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didge3

Reaction score
So I got my Twingo on Friday and so far nothing but fun, here's some rubbish pictures due to crap weather.
I didn't really ever like the idea of silver cars but I think it suits the Twingo GT.

11820981616_5c54c33786_b.jpg

11820205565_d0e6948f77_b.jpg

11820624894_7756ac27df_b.jpg

Quite possibly the highest millage Twingo on the forum.
11820197575_ce8170faf5_b.jpg

Also as previously discussed in a different thread on what were the optional extras Twingo GT's we decided that climate control/sunroof/aux connections were options and auto headlights/wipers/a.c were standard. However I found this little two phono inputs in the glovebox that when connected to my iPhone play through the stereo on 'AUX' source, so appears I have a different AUX in to everyone else?
11820463343_35bbf61a31_b.jpg

Didge3":3o4yxkp1 said:
However I found this little two phono inputs in the glovebox that when connected to my iPhone play through the stereo on 'AUX' source, so appears I have a different AUX in to everyone else?
11820463343_35bbf61a31_b.jpg

nope, i'm fairly sure they all have that (GT's). the usb interface was optional. enjoying it so far? trust me mate, the TCE engine will go on forever if maintained properly. 100,000 miles will be nothing to it :) hopefully you have service records etc to show the timing belt was done at 5/6 years or 60,000 miles which no doubt came first lol? and if so, you have 20,000 miles left before your next timing belt

oscar":9qv7aswx said:
nope, i'm fairly sure they all have that (GT's). the usb interface was optional. enjoying it so far? trust me mate, the TCE engine will go on forever if maintained properly. 100,000 miles will be nothing to it :) hopefully you have service records etc to show the timing belt was done at 5/6 years or 60,000 miles which no doubt came first lol? and if so, you have 20,000 miles left before your next timing belt
It was serviced just before I bought it says service is due in 11,800miles odd. Complete timing belt service was done at 85,000miles according to the service history which is a little odd but guess that means I have even longer until its next due.

Didge3":1jh95qvo said:
oscar":1jh95qvo said:
It was serviced just before I bought it says service is due in 11,800miles odd. Complete timing belt service was done at 85,000miles according to the service history which is a little odd but guess that means I have even longer until its next due.

I think the recommended schedule was 80,000-100,000 from new but didn't Renault revise it at some point, nothing to worry about anyway next due at 145,000 miles, long live the twingo

originally was 60k and 5 years, then went up to 72k and 6 years for the GT's and renaultsport models after the belt manufacturer upgraded and used the better compound belts. once the belts been done it's 6 years 72k, if you're on the original belt then the 5 years and 60k. the change occured on later 2010 models :)

weebob":rz5z8pxt said:
Looks like its stood up to the milage well
I'd say so, been treated well, serviced at renault all its life. No marks or scrapes, leather on steering wheel is peeling but nothing else worth mentioning. Should be encouragement to the lower millage Twingo's to keep going. I'd be very happy if it saw 125k, feel I'd have got my moneys worth then :D
Just got to treat it well, not too much spirited driving..... its just so tempting to keep revving when the little turbo gets you going :twisted:

Didge3":2onoa479 said:
weebob":2onoa479 said:
Looks like its stood up to the milage well
I'd say so, been treated well, serviced at renault all its life. No marks or scrapes, leather on steering wheel is peeling but nothing else worth mentioning. Should be encouragement to the lower millage Twingo's to keep going. I'd be very happy if it saw 125k, feel I'd have got my moneys worth then :D
Just got to treat it well, not too much spirited driving..... its just so tempting to keep revving when the little turbo gets you going :twisted:

Everything in moderation dude............ Nothing wrong with some spirited driving as long you stick to common sense stuff with a car of that mileage. Regular oil changes which cost buttons and don't neglect gearbox oil and make sure it's warm before giving it the beans. Like I say, common sense stuff! : )

Sometimes if I'm hovering around the ~2200 - 2300rpm range and I give the throttle a poke the car accelerates sort of intermittently and the throttle pedal almost feels like its pushing back against your foot, I assume this is to do with the turbo coming onto boost but is it normal, it can make driving a little unsmooth if I plant my foot in that rev range. Normal?

Didge3":106h2kp8 said:
Sometimes if I'm hovering around the ~2200 - 2300rpm range and I give the throttle a poke the car accelerates sort of intermittently and the throttle pedal almost feels like its pushing back against your foot, I assume this is to do with the turbo coming onto boost but is it normal, it can make driving a little unsmooth if I plant my foot in that rev range. Normal?

that's normal man. that's the back pressure in the turbo, the turbo spools up around 2,300 rpm and when the 'boost' is created, the wastegate opens to govern the pressure. what you are feeling is the vacuum pressing back against the pedal. deffinately nothing to worry over man :) it lets you know that your wastegates working as it should

edit * not literally pressing back against the pedal offcourse, but the effect of the increased vacuum in the manifold through the throttle butterfly is what makes it feel firm. well that's keeping it basic so you're not sat there thinking .... WHAT?!?!?! lol

LC":1hmnsob3 said:
On a serious note how's it going?

Going pretty well, done almost 500miles since purchase now and everything still working. Really can't wait to stick a new exhaust on though, totally bored of basically no exhaust note.
Am currently awaiting delivery of the first mod I'm doing :)

glad to see you're enjoying your GT, they do put a big smile on your face so they do! any thoughts on what exhaust you're going for? i'd advise going towards a custom stainless steel exhaust, so that you can choose how you want it to sound and look instead of settling for an existing and very limited range from ktec or supersprint!

Me too I have a thread where people post their engine/exhaust note after modding some really good ones

Yeah going to go custom route if I can afford it. Don't want anything loud and shouty, just a bit more growly at low rpm's (at the moment its practically silent under 2700rpm~ only really starts to sound like a real engine past 3500rpm). Want to go stainless steel so I can keep it forever :D

Go for a twin exhaust, could probably test out a straight pipe (no silencers) that would sound nice and smart give it a bit more engine noise

LC":3iqa064q said:
Go for a twin exhaust, could probably test out a straight pipe (no silencers) that would sound nice and smart give it a bit more engine noise
Unfortunately I'm boring and going for more subtle. Will probably look fairly similar to the stock tip, maybe a little bigger. Don't want loud, just an actual grumbly noise. Wan't a bit more dump valve noise too, can only hear it if the radio is off and its silent in the car. Nothing loud and chavy, just more go faster noises :twisted:

LC":1o0p75l1 said:
Post your engine/exhaust sound viewtopic.php?t=11168
Haha not much point me posting there, boring stock rubbish that I'm running now. After new exhaust maybe but that won't be until after I've sold one of my other cars littering the country :roll: