Unlowering my car!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devonia

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm not sure anyone has ever wanted to do this, but I need to go back to stock or some kind of adjustable height suspension as my 133, much as I love driving it, will not go over speed bumps and I have to drive over six to get out of my housing estate :D. Probably should have considered this when buying the car, but I picked it up in something of a rush the day before lockdown. I have a toddler who rides up front with me (back seats folded for the dog) and he loves it, but the bumps are pretty unpleasant. I have absolutely no idea what I'm looking for, whether I need to replace springs and shock absorbers or what - I just need this car a little higher! It has OZ 17in rims on it with fairly low profile tyres, which probably aren't helping to soften the ride. Don't get me wrong, charging around the open country roads here in South Devon is fun, but I get to do that on my own so infrequently that I have to choose practicality at this point in time. Any thoughts/recommendations on what to look at? I had eibach springs and bilstein b6s on my old T4 and absolutely loved them. Just can't establish whether what I'm looking at is likely to be lower than stock suspension or not.
Thanks in advance,
Anna

The exhaust may also be aftermarket - the whole thing hangs really low underneath the car. Also keen for any advice on that front!