Uprated Discs and Pads

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmatt

Reaction score
Hi All,

As I had to slam on the brakes to avoid slamming into a Ford Ka over taking on my side of the road, I realised that my brakes might need a little TLC and Uprating.

The plan for the New Year is to go to a couple of Trackdays at Knockhill so I want to make sure my car can slow itself down enough for the Hairpin and then Duffers Dip.

So....

I know front disc wise, the 182 Discs fit so I shall be going for some of these (are the 172 non Cup discs the same?) and rear disc will be Brembo High Carbon.

The Issue I have at the moment is with Aftermarket Pads.
I've been trying to get in contact with Tarox to develop Strada or Corsa compounds for the Twingo 133 but it's like talking to a brick wall...

Does anyone know of Effective fastroad/track pads that give good bite from Cold and fair wear rates?
I've seen OMP Road and Sport Pads (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320718151374?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) but they are a little unknown to me...

Cheers
Matt

carbon lorraine should be quite good. yotah1 is using them on the nurburgring and is satisfied, as far as I read from his posts.

Cheers Guys.

I've just seen the CL6s for the Laguna, are these the pads for the Twingo?
Disc wise, I was looking at the Brembo Max Grooves for the Clio 182.

Cheers Ollie, now that I've been looking into it, the DS2500s have a midrange price but a lower Initial Bite and braking rates than the OMP R&S, which are also priced lower.

The CLs are at the top of my Price Range and offer the best performance but Knockhill is a 1/8th Mile Sprint when compared to the Nurburgring, so I don't think I can justify the cost.

If the worst comes to the worst, I can buy the OMP pad and if I'm not happy with them, invest in the CLs.

What Brake Fluid is everyone using these days?

if your gona be tracking it might be worth looking into some ducts ;) can help alot and is prob the cheapest mod to do

Quickly to explain the setup I have on my car :
- stock discs (costs 120€ approx, no need for Brembo max or other stuff like this as the discs are not super big in diameter and they don´t wear very fast, so stock is more than enough, that´s what R2 race cars are using)
- air ducts from the front of the car (cost me maybe 80€ complete setup) is enough, needs to be put towards the brake rotor at the rear of the front axle for better cooling
- Carbone Lorraine RC6 brake pads are just the benchmark, better than anything else for the RS but for daily use, they sream when you brake on cold pads. Otherwise, extremely efficient, but mine lived only 2500 km, with 3 hardcore trackdays.
- brake fluid is Motul RBF 600.

With that, you´ll stop shorter than most stock 911s.

Cheers for the suggestions Yotah :)

I think I'll shell out for the OMPs the now, take it to Knockhill and see how it is.
Knockhill will never be as extreme as the Nurburgring but a benchmark would be a good place to start.

I will have to look into the Discs, ducting is already on the charts with vented backing plates and front mount ducts :)