US Airways

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nick7

Reaction score
Anyone used this airline for long haul flights?

Family just booked flights for Florida next summer. These flights change at Philidelphia to a small plane then from there to Orlando. I'd have rather flew with British Airways or Virgin Atlantic but cost was alot more and couldnt agree for it.

a quick glance at online reviews they dont sound good but i believe alot of reviews online arent honest and only folk who had a bad one and those who had no problems didnt review.

any information would be great.

nick7":3ut9b7f7 said:
Anyone used this airline for long haul flights?

Family just booked flights for Florida next summer. These flights change at Philidelphia to a small plane then from there to Orlando. I'd have rather flew with British Airways or Virgin Atlantic but cost was alot more and couldnt agree for it.

a quick glance at online reviews they dont sound good but i believe alot of reviews online arent honest and only folk who had a bad one and those who had no problems didnt review.

any information would be great.

is it just me or is it funny that nicks asking for our online views lol? to be fair man, i have only ever used them to fly to Chicago about 10 years ago but even at that they were fantastic. no thrills, no messing around and they also have a great safety record (in other words, not malaysian airline) :D

enjoy your holiday!

Yeah noticed that but its different genuine opinions on here compared to just googling reviews in my view. I sure they will be fine got 10 months to wait still.

I flew with them on a business trip from London to Reno, Nevada last Christmas and can't fault them. 3 flights each way, probably the longest journey of my life. We were delayed coming out of London due to ATC technicalities and they brought round drinks whilst we were on the ground, then when we arrived in Charlotte, NC we were late and missed our first connecting flight on to Denver, meaning we couldn't make it to Nevada. US Airways put us up in a decent hotel in Denver where it was -20c for one night before we caught our onward flight the following day. Can't fault them at all, staff all really friendly and helpful - especially if you're a Brit too!

They have since been acquired by American Airlines so I'm not sure whether that's affected anything on the customer service front.

Enjoy your trip :)

All the flights got changed so now flying in British Airways planes for £200 less than others booking with BA are paying. just a slight change to where flights stop now.