what exhausts

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, I repect your opinion. So, having the BMC air filter installed and the bung removed, how much does the K-Tec Downpipe Back System really help with the way the car sounds?

Matthias":3dawskot said:
Alright, I repect your opinion. So, having the BMC air filter installed and the bung removed, how much does the K-Tec Downpipe Back System really help with the way the car sounds?
Hey man it only our opinions its up to you what you do to your car if you like that exhaust then you go for it.

Tnx, I know that my opinion is all that matters in the end, but I also had some doubts about that muffler and since I respect what most of you did to your cars, I had to ask.

One last question though. What is your opinion on keeping the stock exhaust system, but getting the resonator box cut out. Would that do much of a difference?

IMHO Renault did a good job on how the car sounds, nice burble at low revs, and a metal rasp when your clogging it.

I couldn't agree more, but would there be any benefit in removing the resonator box? Has anyone tried that yet? Keeping the exhaust system stock, but removing the resonator?

Pardon me, I used the wrong expression, sorry about it, I'm not at home with English expressions when it comes to the car. Anyway, what I wanted to do is to cut out the part of the exhaust system that is reffered on this picture as "centre section". What do you think about it? Keepin the exhaust system stock, but cutting out the centre section. A friend of mine does rally exhausts and he said he can do it without a problem. What about warranty & stuff?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PvXYFZ70bJc/TLwBgazBntI/AAAAAAAAAGE/jrlZ35odpQQ/s1600/exaust.jpg

I have removed the centre silencer on a few previous cars, always been hit for miss. the last car i did it on (alfa 156 JTS) it cause too much of a drowning noise which made longer trips unbearable