Whats the best ?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benzie0311

Reaction score
Whats the best for a twingo 133 cup ?
air filter
Spark plugs
throttle bodys

Thanks in advance :)

SPARK PLUGS
Original Equipment : NGK
Type : PFR7Z-TG (previously PFR6G9)
Make : NGK
Gap - 0,9 - 1,0 (mm)
Spark Plugs : 25Nm
Ignition Coils : 14 N.m

technical-stuff-f120/twingo-renaultsport-maintenace-t371.html as seen here, in the technical and paint ''technical stuff'' section of the forum. you are better to go with the iridium lasers from NGK as these promote a 100,000 mile service life instead of the cheaper 20-30 pound iridium core ones which only last 36,000 miles. they are usually around 52 pounds, so cost wise that's instantly great economy!

air filters, it's your choice. panel filter or induction kit? panel filter go with a green panel filter, sure some of the guys would agree that it's great on the twingo. look at removing the bung in the airbox if you want some more noise whilst keeping the oem airbox.

throttle bodies, you can make them yourself easily enough. twingo inlet manifold > cut the flange face off and then weld directly onto bike throttle bodies of the correct side and the rest is science stuff, but on kamracing (trader on here) they have AT power throttle bodies which neil (singlespeed) has on his car, sound and look fantastic i can vouch for that. see neils thread here projects-progress-threads/renaultsport-gordini-159-t1816-471.html

kam racing bodies for your twingo - https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tuning/renault/renault-twingo/engine/throttle-body-kits/renault-twingo-mk2-at-power-direct-to-head-throttle-bodies-1-6-16v-rs-133.html

down the side of the airbox facing towards the engine, it is apart of the airbox housing. looks like it's got holes in it pretty much, this is an image someone took on here .... sure they won't mind me using it, and if they do ... then they'll just have to deal with it i suppose :p

1f50c115_9894_e91f.jpg

Sounds better with it out. My k&n apollo sounds 100x better though. If you want a really good sounding induction that's the way forward.

you need a torx bit set, believe it's a T25 or T30. remove the torx screws from the top of the airbox cover > remove cover > replace air filter

and then work backwards benzie