Wheel Cleaner & Tyre Dressing

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calolsen

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a good wheel cleaner & good tyre dressing. Thanks.

For Cleaning I use a German Product... called Alu Teufel which is quite strong.
As tyre dressing I use Surf City Garage Black MAX and Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel.
Both are not so shiny as I do not like that.

I use the autoglym products... Custom wheel cleaner (blue label, no acid) and tyre dressing (black label).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest on my own cars I only ever use water, shampoo and now I use PH neutral Snow Foam.

If I'm cleaning the missus car and it's been a 2-3 weeks between washes, I would use Meguiars wheel cleaner as it's not harsh and is designed to be safe on fancy finishes.

Alternatively, if I want to clean the backs of my wheels without taking them off, I'll use a Vikan wheel brush and Sonus Rim Bright as that is also PH neutral.

Tyre shine wise, I've got a bottle of Meguiars tyre gel and it's lasted me ages. The finish lasts ages anyway and I only apply once a month. Alternatively I'd go for Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel.

If you're wanting to protect your rims then Chemical Guard Wheel Guard is pretty good stuff, although I have Swissvax Autobalm on the Megane's alloys.

Matt":301paa83 said:
I use the autoglym products... Custom wheel cleaner (blue label, no acid) and tyre dressing (black label).

That tyre dressing is one of the worst products I've used.

Monster Detail":1bl0vns0 said:
Matt":1bl0vns0 said:

That tyre dressing is one of the worst products I've used.
Horrible as a spray, not too bad applied with a sponge piece. Meguiars tyre gel is better for that though lol

Yeah I'll definitely vote for the tyre gel and their applicator that comes in the grey case.

Thought the applicator was a bit of a novelty but actually it works really well and is tough so doesn't wear out.

Also, surprisingly the Turtlewax tyre gel is a very similar product to the Meguiars tyre gel but thicker but lasts just as long. I'm not into Turtlewax products but don't rule them out if they're good. :)

Thanks for all the advice and recommendations fellas! Going to use up the Turtlwax Tyre Gel that I have left then I will try the Megs Tyre Gel. Just bought a few more goodies from cleanyourcar.co.uk

Dodo Juice Sour Power
Carlack Wheel Cleaner
Dodo Juice Red Mist
Collinite 476s
Vikan Soft Brush
Extra Large Drying Towel

Gonna give my car a good few coats of polish and wax over the next few weeks. Should give it some protection over the winter!