wheels and tyres - What sizes work

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for all the questions but has anyone messed around with steelies ;-) for example 106 rally steelies, i bet they are seriously light.

doctordrift":qbzrk88s said:
Sorry for all the questions but has anyone messed around with steelies ;-) for example 106 rally steelies, i bet they are seriously light.

106 and all other 4 stud Peugeot are 4x108 PCD, as are Citroen.
Renault is 4x100 PCD.

You could always get banded steels.

Braid Wheels also make steel wheel style alloys but they are pretty expensive.

doctordrift":16apbutf said:
About 5KG
Ultraleggeras are about 7KG

But you do have the added strength of a 1 piece forged wheel

Super T and Superturismos are prone to buckling and both around the same weight give or take

Cheap for a reason, get a used set of a good brand if you can't afford them new

LC":20z29a75 said:
Cheap for a reason, get a used set of a good brand if you can't afford them new
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 would be a better bet. Sure they are going to cost more new, however they will still have reasonable interest if you later sell them, so better chance of recouping some cash.

Probably scrap value for the Calibers unless your really lucky with an ebay add ending late friday or Saturday night :lol:

Hello,

I've read the whole topic because I need new winter set for the RS (y. 2011, before facelift) but there are still some questions left. I wanted to buy a 16 inch wheels but the offer is poor (Slovenia) so the 15 inch are in game too. As I remember it is necessary to measure them before ordering them due to the tight fitting right? The wheels I'm interested in are this:

https://www.avto.net/_OPREMA/ad.asp?ID=7100593

So will they fit and what winter tires size (what is the factory dimension for non rs on 15 inch?) would you recomend?

Thanks!

MovingShadow":1cyqptn2 said:
When I go the the link it's not showing any wheels.

For tyres in 15' size I'd recommend 195/50/15

Meanwile I've found some OZ wheels that have the homologation for twingo RS, 16inch. I will paste them next week.

Thanks a lot!

Hi there,
I've got 1.6 but I've bought standard Twingo (1.5 86PS) for my mom recently. I can get really really cheap new 16" 7j et38 speedline alloys with 205/45r16 Pirrellis but I'm wondering if they will fit (I wanted them form my RS but due to to low ET they won't fit).

As I had many problems with rim fitting for my RS I'm looking for advice. I was looking on twingo forums but I haven't found any information.

What size spacers could I have before rubbing?

RS FF with Clio 182 Alloys (7x16 ET45) on 205/45/16 Falcen tyres and lowered 25mm on H&R springs.

Thanks.

I had to do some work on the rear fenders with OZ Superleggera's 16x7 ET37 wrapped in 205/45 R16 Federal RSR's to stop rubbing. Semi's are a bit wider than normal 205 road tyres. I also have the H&R spings by the way. My guess is you can add a 5mm spacer without much trouble, providing they are available.

DZ Exlusives in 16 inch, 9j and ET35 fit with some fender, lowering and camber work.

Wrapped in some 195/45/16 ( slightly streched) Toyo Proxes and Dunlop's in the rear.

RS133ETO":1qgb53xy said:
What size spacers could I have before rubbing?

RS FF with Clio 182 Alloys (7x16 ET45) on 205/45/16 Falcen tyres and lowered 25mm on H&R springs.

Thanks.

I had same set but with et 40 - they were rubbing at rear occasionally - don't buy any spacers

What about these alloys 16x7 4x100 ET35 with 195/45 16" the Rimstyle site says they are ok but i have got confused about the offset after reading the last 9 pages :? Help needed. I dont want rubbing do i.