wheels and tyres - What sizes work

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maggi112":26gj0hp9 said:
That's fine, but what about when there's some weight transfer?

Mine doesn't rub, unless there's weight over the front right. Which I am sorting tomorrow hopefully (hoping the weather is good for it)
"

well i had it once when i had to do a fast 180° turn hard on the brakes and lots of steering input i heard some grinding , but yeah you dont do those maneuvers everyday

RS133 with Cup Pack on 16" OZ Superturismos, refurbished in anthracite.

16" ET37
195/45/16 Uniroyal Rainsport 2

No rubbing to report, even on full lock.

m71p.jpg

v71v.jpg

winterwheels from my other car, ET is totally diff. will this fit?

6 x 15
4 x 100.00
center 56,6 (centerring no problem)
ET: 43.00

tyres might not fit: 175/65/15

Jarre":1180fh2q said:
winterwheels from my other car, ET is totally diff. will this fit?

6 x 15
4 x 100.00
center 56,6 (centerring no problem)
ET: 43.00

tyres might not fit: 175/65/15
The Twingo center bore is 60mm so the hole in those wheels will be too small to fit over the hub spigot.

HI all

managed to get my hands on a set of 4 front dunlop slicks from the radicals (I can get more sets when i got the race meetings till the end of the season).
The size is 200/580-15
thinking of fitting them to a set of momo tuner 15"x7 with an et of 38. the outer diameter corresponds roughly to a 195/50-15. The car is on sport chassis and not lowered in any way. I think they should fit but, what do you guys think?

Guesstimator":mtdp1236 said:
HI all

managed to get my hands on a set of 4 front dunlop slicks from the radicals (I can get more sets when i got the race meetings till the end of the season).
The size is 200/580-15
thinking of fitting them to a set of momo tuner 15"x7 with an et of 38. the outer diameter corresponds roughly to a 195/50-15. The car is on sport chassis and not lowered in any way. I think they should fit but, what do you guys think?
Slicks.... get it lowered, stiffened and some extra camber. Otherwise it will quickly lean over to the point that its running on the outside shoulder of the tyre.

Yotah has got on verrrrry well with semi slicks ;)

Thinking about changing alloys, ET will be 45, PCD is 4x100 but centre bore is 73.1mm is this a standard aftermarket number? As Neil states in the first post the Twingo centre bore is 60mm, so Spigot rings would be needed, do any of you guys/girls know if they will supply these or will I have to get these sorted as well?

You would need to ask them, but you will definitely need them.

My wheels are et45 7j. You'll need to know the width to really consider what impact the offset will have and how they will fit.

If buying brand new they will more than likely provide the spigot rings if you tell them the size needed.

Or do as I did and get them for £10 off ebay

maggi112":4xx6r8u2 said:
You would need to ask them, but you will definitely need them.

My wheels are et45 7j. You'll need to know the width to really consider what impact the offset will have and how they will fit.

7J James :D tyres will be 195/45/16, from the first post all will work without any issues :D

133_Ads":311wr4y0 said:
Thinking about changing alloys, ET will be 45, PCD is 4x100 but centre bore is 73.1mm is this a standard aftermarket number? As Neil states in the first post the Twingo centre bore is 60mm, so Spigot rings would be needed, do any of you guys/girls know if they will supply these or will I have to get these sorted as well?

One phone call has revealed that if they haven't got any ready they will machine them with a 60.1mm centre bore! :D

Any one able to help off my earlier post before I make an offer for these wheels, 205/45/16 or will they rub ?

Reedy93":9n159um9 said:
Will this size 205/45/16 fit as a winter set up ?
Reedy93":9n159um9 said:
Any one able to help off my earlier post before I make an offer for these wheels, 205/45/16 or will they rub ?
That completely depends on the wheels width and offset :?

Assuming non cup RS133 wheels which are 7x16 ET55, then 205/45/16 will probably work but I don't think anyone has tried it. Generally, the same width or narrower rubber is used for winter tyres

Chaps,

I'm currently running on 17" cup alloys and think winter tyres are definitely worth the investment, only thing is I'm guessing 205/40/R17 winter tyres would most definitely rub as the tread is typically chunkier :). So technically 205/45/16's would be fine as long as I fit different alloys or steel wheels?

Cheers

jkc89":3hg5bgqf said:
Chaps,

I'm currently running on 17" cup alloys and think winter tyres are definitely worth the investment, only thing is I'm guessing 205/40/R17 winter tyres would most definitely rub as the tread is typically chunkier :). So technically 205/45/16's would be fine as long as I fit different alloys or steel wheels?

Cheers

What width and offset wheels?