wheels and tyres - What sizes work

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the standard cup alloys so 7x17 ET55 im guessing??

If i downsized i wouldnt really know what alloy to go for at the moment, but going to do some digging.

I have bought Speedline Marmora wheels 16'' x 7J ET38, and with 195/45 tires there's no rubbing. They do have a wider stance than original wheels but it's not too much.

Exactly :)

I was talking about feeling of stance thought because it's a bit more noticable than I thought it would be, plus "spikes" on these wheels stand a bit more out than usually and it adds to the visual effect.

Opinions please:

16x7 Et45. What tyre size would you go with? I want to use 205/45/16 but I'm wondering if that will rub and should stick with 195/45/16

going off willtheyfit I think I'll stick with 195s. Don't want to run the risk when buying 4 new tyres

markhardy":2xqqja67 said:
going off willtheyfit I think I'll stick with 195s. Don't want to run the risk when buying 4 new tyres
Are you lowered? I'm on 17x7 et45 with standard size tyres with absolutely no issues and I'm lowered by 25mm front and rear :) so you might be able to get away with 205 ? With 16" wheels on

No not yet. I've got my springs for sale but I'm still undecided ...

I'll trial fit the wheels on Sunday after the drive to pick them up. They are 195s but they all need renewing

Should be ordering my new wheels soon, I have two choices of Offset one being 38 and the other being 45, do I go for the safe option and have them 45 or do I stick them out a little more with the 38?!

Tyre sizes will be 195/45/16 according to willtheyfit.com on the 38 they will stick out 17mm further, on the 45 they will be 10mm further! hmmmm

I'm on et45 lowered by 25mm and I have absolutely no problems I dare say that et38 will be totally fine but I could measure up later for you if you want and see if there's an extra 7mm in it?

So I've finally got round to ordering tyres for the trophy turinis that need fitting.

I've risked it and gone for 205/45/r16 as I want the extra protection that 205 offers over 195.

With the offset being et45 I hope they fit well. I never have a full car so the only problem will be if they rub on full lock.

What are anyones thoughts on the tyre size? No ones tried it yet on here I dont think

I'm afraid this doesn't mean much to me. I have 2010 Twingo RS with cup chassis. It has the standard 17" wheels with blue inserts.

Looking to move to a smaller wheel, in white, and add some tyres that might protect the rim more. All in the name of comfort.

So many pot holes where I live. Thinking 16" and 195/45 or even larger tyre if I can get away with. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a market for my old wheels?

byakuya83":2fqla84o said:
I'm afraid this doesn't mean much to me. I have 2010 Twingo RS with cup chassis. It has the standard 17" wheels with blue inserts.

Looking to move to a smaller wheel, in white, and add some tyres that might protect the rim more. All in the name of comfort.

So many pot holes where I live. Thinking 16" and 195/45 or even larger tyre if I can get away with. Any suggestions?

Also, is there a market for my old wheels?
205/40/17 tyres would be the first option if you wanted to keep 17s (but you said your after smaller). Depending on the condition, yes your 17s should sell... Get pictures and read the rules before putting up a for sale thread.

16s or 15s would work and keeping an offset (basically how much the wheels stick out) between the standard ET55 and ET43 shouldn't give problems although choice is limited with high offset wheels. Having them stick out more, can cause rubbing but it depends if your lowered or are really bothered by an occasional scuff.