wheels and tyres - What sizes work

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oscar":20mnptmr said:
that's true, basically allowing the suspension to react faster which will in turn increase grip due to the faster reaction time of your dampers. it will in theory reduce the rotational mass which will get you to a higher rpm, faster :D

MovingShadow":20mnptmr said:
Also, I've been reading up on some different forums and on small hot hatches/roadster the best thing to do is smaller and lighter wheels so you get better performance and unsprung weight.
There's some ultraleggeras for sale ;)

I NEED LOTS OF MONEY FOR WHEELS AHHHH.

I'm going for 15s, I've decided finally :lol: so much less hassle and lighter. Weight reduction is something I'll be going for as well now

ollieallen":246wlxz0 said:

I'm going for 15s, I've decided finally :lol: so much less hassle and lighter. Weight reduction is something I'll be going for as well now
There's a lovely set of Ultraleggeras in the for sale section :O

LC":14bdeomi said:
ollieallen":14bdeomi said:

There's a lovely set of Ultraleggeras in the for sale section :O

I don't have the money right now :( probably not gonna be getting them till near the end of the year. It's painful

tell me about it. got to pay for
4 x rota grids : 500
4 x maxxis ma-z1 : 250-300
stud conversion kit - 30 bucks (cause who's silly enough to buy the pure motorsport one when you can just take the dimensions and find your own for waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less, that or i'm cheap)

oscar":1p7pya6t said:
stud conversion kit - 30 bucks (cause who's silly enough to buy the pure motorsport one when you can just take the dimensions and find your own for waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less, that or i'm cheap)

Might be a stupid question, but what's the conversion kit for? The website I got grids on have them all in 4 x 100!

for converting from wheel bolts, to studs / nuts. like neils!
nope not got a clue about the gearknob size mate. only one way to find out though ;p .....
get it down to the local hardware shop and tell them to get their bolts out. only the right sized bolts going to fit inside it lol then bingo you know your thread pitch

bet your right arse cheek it's an M16 though, same as the sump plug!

oscar":1uazz4hj said:
nope not got a clue about the gearknob size mate. only one way to find out though ;p .....
get it down to the local hardware shop and tell them to get their bolts out. only the right sized bolts going to fit inside it lol then bingo you know your thread pitch

Oh I see! Yeah I might have to do that too now you say it...:lol:

Ok no worries, I work at Screwfix so bolts aren't too hard to come by ;) twist off or pull off?

never took one off before, not even got a clue if they come off or if you have to remove it from the bottom of the stick and remove the whole stick as one unit. if so, then you'll be cutting your knob off and taking a welder to your shaft ........

good luck ;)

oscar":31m6xrpi said:
75£ a corner for 15s???????

it's a piece of advice i've recently given to a friend who's now a father ; a good quality rubber is going to cost you!

oscar":3tledlr2 said:
it's a piece of advice i've recently given to a friend who's now a father ; a good quality rubber is going to cost you!
4 Michelin Pilot Sport 3s for 200

ollieallen":1mtsz2qw said:
oscar":1mtsz2qw said:

Oh I see! Yeah I might have to do that too now you say it...:lol:

Ok no worries, I work at Screwfix so bolts aren't too hard to come by ;) twist off or pull off?

To remove the gear knob on a RS you've got to pull it, if you twist it you'll brake the plastic piece fitted on the lever (and thats what i've done...)
And now i'm going for this gear knob...
eju6abyd.jpg

hi, is anyone try tyres in 215 40 16 instead of 195/45/16 on standard wheel ? what do you think ?
thanks !

How do you guys find road noise with various set-ups. I have a MY12 twingo 133 on cup chassis and want to cahnge the alloys for something else to mainly reduce road noise and frequent pothole punctures on such stupidly low profile tyres. love the look of the OZ super T and Ultra leggera wheels and quite tempted to go for a 15 inch wheel and tyres with some decent sidewalls. What do you guys think? Is the road noise much better with other set ups or is this a lost cause?