Which brake fluid?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monster Detail

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the supermarket now, trying to buy some brake fluid, so a quick answer from someone would be greatly appreciated!

They don't have a specific ESP one, so will standard dot4 be ok? Castrol or Carlube (half the price)?

Thanks, Matt

Unless you need it NOW, as in the reservour is empty, wait and get some propper stuff later.

Halfords have an ESP low viscosity fluid as will Renault :)

Monster Detail":1xsaahwd said:
Hi guys,

I'm in the supermarket now, trying to buy some brake fluid, so a quick answer from someone would be greatly appreciated!

They don't have a specific ESP one, so will standard dot4 be ok? Castrol or Carlube (half the price)?

Thanks, Matt
Is this the same supermarket you bought the previous fluid from, before returning it :?

https://www.twingo133.net/technical.../what-does-this-warning-light-mean-t5584.html

Your memory is worse than mine :lol:

I completely forgot about the other thread. As it happens, it was the same supermarket, but they had more types of brake fluid in stock this time. I'll go to Renault/Halfords as soon as I can, as it's still not desperately low - just triggers the sensor through sharp corners.

Thanks again for your help, guys!