Why chang your manifold when it looks like this

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
For anyone that was wondering what there manifold looked like this is it :)

4 brancher baby

Attachments

• exhaust_2.jpg
    exhaust_2.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 804
It is quite strange and also very annoying the way they decided to do it. You can see they used the most of the space available though!

For anyone who doesn't know, the catalytic converter is welded into the manifold so this comes off with the cat together. Unfortunately means no decats unless you have a lot of money for a new manifold!

the reason renault did that was so as there was LOTS of room for turbo conversions :twisted: :twisted:

room for turbo. haha. good luck attaching and undoing a turbular tubro mani.

SNV33855.jpg

all 4 of the tubes arent the same length, there is a big difference in the bend angkes between the one with least and most degree of bends. and its very heavy, and i believe its cast iron with nickle and techni a 4-1 has all 4 pipes join into one, the pipes dont really join together just end up in the cat.
ditch the standard, got for a straight minimum 2 bend 4-1 manifold into sports cat with catback system.
also you'll need to get the exhaust holes ported after doing this, my system, the exhaust ports are restricking the exhaust system as it cant flow at the same rate. :(

the gasket will match up fine, and theres a few good inches either side if the exit doesnt like up the same as the stock one did, mine headed towards the centre more then the stock and this one to the left.

the main thing in the length between the manifold brach before the first flange which is the one pipe piece. if that can fit upwards in the small gap between engine and this silver bit shown here from this pic
SNV33883.jpg

you can see mines been done so the 2-1 branch can be taken off and the whole engine droppped with the manifold attached or the manifold can be removed without dropping the linkages.
i believe that supersprint would fit, but you'll need a custom job afterwards. its a 4-1 system so you would need a complete change of fueling like mine and keep within the sprite of the twingo rs design, but could have a quiter flowing manifold design and the addition of going decat or sports cat

orbital":1d6epx8l said:
room for turbo. haha. good luck attaching and undoing a turbular tubro mani.

SNV33855.jpg

all 4 of the tubes arent the same length, there is a big difference in the bend angkes between the one with least and most degree of bends. and its very heavy, and i believe its cast iron with nickle and techni a 4-1 has all 4 pipes join into one, the pipes dont really join together just end up in the cat.
ditch the standard, got for a straight minimum 2 bend 4-1 manifold into sports cat with catback system.
also you'll need to get the exhaust holes ported after doing this, my system, the exhaust ports are restricking the exhaust system as it cant flow at the same rate. :(

btw orb I would really sew that garage that cut up your manifold. stock manifold drops out to the bottom. all you have to do is remove the driveshaft. should have made pictures :(

couldnt with the ramps they used. :( but they did losen the mountings a bit.
now if i retook that picture all you would see if gold reflective taping. my car has more bling underneath then westcoast has in its state :)