Wind

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So funny how a reference was made that it probably looked better than what was underneath it. Clarkson loves the 133. The Wind has an almost identical chassis with an RS tuned set up. Oh dear.

Reminds me of vux tigra. Girls car, Hairdressers if driven by blokes. Preferered the dashboard layout tho. Better than all that digital stuff.

i could see the point of the signing cheque gag. it does looks stunning, but to keep the costs down it doesnt have wooden dashs etc but then it wouldnt be a car for the masses. but if it was a 20k plus car, i bet interior would of been of been heavily upclassed and it would be higher on the board. and i thought that pic of the exterior looked stunning

hattonperformance":2hxbyoa7 said:
but the wind drives NOTHING like the twingo it drives very bad

Al, did you see that Renault Driving instrutor unleash hell in it at silverstone?

i'd say the way he drove that it was handling on bar with the 133's!

hattonperformance":genqjc2k said:

Says who? Pretty much (I've not found a bad one but not saying there isn't) every review says it has a great chassis. I've never driven one but would judge a fairly unanimous verdict.

orbital":3chc2hop said:
hattonperformance":3chc2hop said:

Al, did you see that Renault Driving instrutor unleash hell in it at silverstone?

i'd say the way he drove that it was handling on bar with the 133's!

Because it almost is!

day to day driving mate, im not flinging it around sivlerstone :) in comp it handles like a boat.

the chasis doesnt feel as "tight" as the twingo

my view as iv used one for a week :)

hattonperformance":37nj472e said:
day to day driving mate, im not flinging it around sivlerstone :) in comp it handles like a boat.

the chasis doesnt feel as "tight" as the twingo

my view as iv used one for a week :)

Fair enough. As I said I can't judge other than what I've read. They have a long termer at AutoExpress/Car so be interesting to see what they think.

I think (just my thoughts), there's probably more weight higher up with the Wind, with the roof mechanism and stuff....but that's just me.

M

madmatt":3s67qm5r said:
I think (just my thoughts), there's probably more weight higher up with the Wind, with the roof mechanism and stuff....but that's just me.

M

And the fact for market segregation the Wind would be "detuned" to some extent so it doesn't take or get too close to the 133's marketshare.

Same as the 911 and Cayman. Exactly the same engine.

orbital":nekwv6rg said:
i thought they'd be in completely different markets

They are but if they had the same chassis and power then you can see where the line would be blurred. It'd also start to draw unrealistic comparisons to like a MX5 (convertible hard roof 2 seater about the same power). Anyway this is slightly off topic.

All my point was Clarkson loved the 133 - this not because of it's shape or build quality - but because of it's chassis. And yet he hates the Wind stating along the lines of it's far worse to drive than look at - yet it has a very similar chassis and handling. I couldn't care less, it's just funny when his arrogance and ignorance gets the better of him :lol: