World premiere of new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Makes me wonder what the new Twingo will look like & what engine it will run, perhaps a 1.4 Turbo?

But I like it & like Ghostz said on my FB. Let's wait for the Trophy edition :p

One thing I really don't like is how they've decided to use Renault truck badges on the new cars. They're bloody massive!

Also what's going on with the interior? Red? I thought yellow was supposed to be the RS colour. Perhaps that's an option still...

If a Megane 250 can be remapped to 300 "out of the box" then this could potentially be mapped to 240/250 "out of the box" once someone has been playing around with one for a mere few hundred quid. That's when this car will really be interesting.

I can understand all of the negative points people have made on Pistonheads but as Maggi says a couple posts up... they have to move with the times. Hopefully this will handle amazingly to redeem that RS title...

That's a bl00dy big bus, for something that's always carried the torch for small and nippy. How would Nicole park that?

Clio will be light. Probably very very chuckable...
Meganes never gonna match that. Plus them flappy paddles look long and awesome now I've looked properly. I'm sold!

Wonder if we could get a mighty discount if we all turned up with a deposit at once :lol:

Less weight same power plus more torque. Probably wouldn't take much to out drag the 197 but its never been the clios game has it.

I don't understand the negativity that Renault has had to move on from thirsty na engines

Oh! So it is actually going to look like that then...
The back is growing on me, looks ok in yellow but the front I just dont get? :shock:
And it does look rather big & heavy?? I will stick with my car i think :cool:

It's about the package as a whole, really don't care if the new 200 is a quicker car.
For me, it looks like its been cut from the same jelly mould as the astra. Having driven a few cars with flappy paddles I got no enjoyment from it, just prefer a good old metal bar a change gears with.

Finally Renault had to go turbo to get the performance and meet the new standards, however I prefer a free and high reving NA. I chose a 197 over a similar priced 225 because of this. An extra 25nm(18ish lbs) isnt a lot of course it depends where it comes in.

Speaking of astras, a mate of mine has a 1.6 turbo one, similar figures (although a damn sight more weight) the turbo spools up early with peak torque at 1200rpm, but completely runs out of puff at 5k. I'm sure the RS wouldnt be like that, fingers crossed. Oh his fuel consumption is nearly as rubbish as my 197.

The stats say peak torque should be available from ~1750 rpm up to 5,600rpm with peak horse power at 6,000 rpm

Simulated engine noise? Is that because the juke engine sounds shite?

RS' should be something special, for me, this isn't.

Grumble grumble grumble...

Anyway the interior looks nice, wonder what they will rip out for the cup.

weebob":383u0vo6 said:

RS' should be something special, for me, this isn't.

Grumble grumble grumble...

Anyway the interior looks nice, wonder what they will rip out for the cup.

They will rip out everything that makes it look nice!

weebob":chtwouph said:
ZING! Hahaha.

Although, Lichfield have a Juke with the DIG-T engine they're using as a Ring Project in Banzai...or was it Jap Performance :S the engine certainly has potential though.

I like that... Thought a 5 door would look odd but it looks pretty well designed. Can't wait to see one in the flesh, could be a possible upgrade for me from the Twingoooooo