World premiere of new Clio Renaultsport 200 Turbo!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it me pr was he hitting the limiter constantly? :S Does sound nice but not when its bouncing off the limiter a couple of times before a gear change...

lets just wait for 2014 they will probably boost this baby up more with forged internals and bigger turbo bwaaap :p

GhostZ":11xvcbdv said:
lets just wait for 2014 they will probably boost this baby up more with forged internals and bigger turbo bwaaap :p

Which would mean making Megane have a lot more... Or it would make it obsolete

They must have to go towards putting out 300bhp from the new megane or they'll be running behind the new Astra VXR and the focus RS? This is my opinion anyways.

True, (the following isnt a dig, just sharing my personal opinion..people may disagree) but my opinion of it is this... If vauxhall and ford can push 300 then I don't see why Renault/Renaultsport can't do the same especially with their experience and proven track record of chassis and suspension set up coupled with a decent LSD. Not to mention that the current megane will run 300 with a remap and allegedly copes well with it. On another note, with the advances in modern technology I think the limits are always going to be pushed up and over what we think is possible at the moment. Ok going to stop rambling now lol :)

MovingShadow":3b2l4pil said:
There is a limit on horsepower for frontwheel drive cars.

The only limitation is the people who drive them who think its perfectly fine to floor it around a corner and understeer into a ditch.

waitey":f8xu5tgn said:
MovingShadow":f8xu5tgn said:

The only limitation is the people who drive them who think its perfectly fine to floor it around a corner and understeer into a ditch.
Which is why I think a car manufacturer is not to keen te bring out cars with 300+ bhp. Renault Sport is not know either for developing Bugatti Veyron-like cars but more on driveability, sporty chassis and fun driving (IMO).

Same with the GT86, it's a relatively fast car, wont be the first in a race but is still fun to drive and is able to give you a feeling of driving a supercar without being a millionaire.

MovingShadow":rk8n7416 said:
waitey":rk8n7416 said:
MovingShadow":rk8n7416 said:

Which is why I think a car manufacturer is not to keen te bring out cars with 300+ bhp. Renault Sport is not know either for developing Bugatti Veyron-like cars but more on driveability, sporty chassis and fun driving (IMO).

Same with the GT86, it's a relatively fast car, wont be the first in a race but is still fun to drive and is able to give you a feeling of driving a supercar without being a millionaire.

indeed i agree on this having +300HP on front wheel cars is useless unless in drag race cars ...

but having a great steering feel in a 130-280 HP FWD car and smooth gear changes and slight understeer in your FWD car makes me smile thats what ill have then a +300 FWD monster ... ;)

I think fwd will carry on pushing forward.

I think it was chief Honda engineer back in their glory days that said 160-170bhp was the absolute max for fwd cars.

Now they are almost double that!

Thing is with a well sorted chassis the Megane 265 doesnt need so much bhp. I mean its quicker than a fiablo round the ring! How much hp does that have!