Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dutchie :)

One from yesterday, with the new camera setup which puts it between the passengers, and it shakes just enough to show how much you're shaken in the car :)

[youtube]3ivgrvtG-bU[/youtube]

Edit : second lap, still not attacking too much though.

[youtube]uqtsHKPH4GI[/youtube]

3rd lap, a bit more attacking

[youtube]TyyfyHWzEFg[/youtube]

4th lap filmed :

[youtube]KYZgDFhaapU[/youtube]

your car looks great! really good :D thats where the Renault Sport Twingo belongs, flat out round the track!! loving the snappy gear changes and rorty sounding engine and exhaust! :D :D :D slim

ScanGauge 2 fitted to the center console. It was not fun to remove the old clock thing, but got it!
The cable is hidden under the passenger airbag, nothing to see, super clean, super happy with it. I just need to put a sandwich plate for oil temp on the engine as the car doesn't have one when stock :(

webi.jpg

Did you get the dealer to reset your main speedo, so it would have the clock and temp etc on it

No'i didn't even it's possible to do that ... Is it possible with any version of the car, any generation?

cars looking great mate :cool: :cool:
some cracking laps
nice to see a car that has a ring sticker that has actually been on the ring :mrgreen:

gutted about the bump, they are poss the most expensive barriers to hit :?

now youve stripped it you should remove all the sound deadening that is glued to the chassis, you will be amazed how much all that crap weights!!

I don't mind so much the weight of the blaxon, given the fact that the car is already awfully noisy and would become a true resonating box if I remove these :D

Still my daily driver so it has to keep a "minimum" of live-ability ahaha

A few laps done today, but a weekend to forget on the overall. Many many cars, especially on Saturday (i didn't drive) and many crashes, including fatalities. An english CLio 2 crashed at Wipperman, 3 guys in it, one got ejected and killed instantly. 2 hours of closure :(
One biker killed also on Friday apparently, and one guy yesterday in a Golf if I remember correctly. Lost of english, which sadly (please don't hate me for saying that...) is not a very good thing as the guys drive a long way to be here and go on the track no matter the conditions. And the conditions have been quite shit this weekend, so lots of crashes!

Here are my laps, not looking for any laptime, but still having fun, especially in the Karussel entrance :D

[youtube]tXwLf1J6OPQ[/youtube]

[youtube]9DnNOTmh8rM[/youtube]

[youtube]jMhLQhoKZnQ[/youtube]

yotah1":59b2okko said:
Lost of english, which sadly (please don't hate me for saying that...) is not a very good thing as the guys drive a long way to be here and go on the track no matter the conditions. And the conditions have been quite s**t this weekend, so lots of crashes!

I know that feeling. last time i went i was determined to get on the track, even if it was just to cruse it. got only four laps in and stopped and im glad i did was there where a few major crashes afterwards.

I went it was in a Alfa 156 with a oil habbit. when i got there, did a walk about the car park then decided to do a lap, as soon as i turned the car on I got two warning lights, first one was that the service interval had expired (I was serviced 2k ago and the computer reset?), the second was a "motor control system failure"... turns out out this was just a lamda, ment the car was a bit rough (fueling wrong?) so didnt want to push my luck too much.

watching you vids have sturred me into wanting to go again.

yotah1":lloiab3b said:
No'i didn't even it's possible to do that ... Is it possible with any version of the car, any generation?

it's possible. I have my scangauge on the exact same position and got my dealer to reconfigure the speedo to let it display ambient air temp.

Intermediate silencer removed yesterday from my inox exhaust, and a slight problem was modified so it works absolutely perfectly now.

I´ll upload a video of it tonight, hoping the iPhone does justice to the very sweet sound i get now from the K4M :)

Thanks Chris :)

Frediiii, the connection between the downpipe and the intermediate was fragile as we first adapted the intermediate to the original downpipe which ends with an oversized ring, so the intermediate was "enlarged" to fit. When we tested it, it wasn´t loud enough so we did a new downpipe, but as the intermediate had this opened shape at the connection, we had to put a metal ring inside between both elements, then an outer ring with a screw to tighten everything together, but that wasn´t enough for Ring use ... LOL

So now it´s all welded together!!

Video clip to come in 3-4 hours, time to put the R888 back on the car!

Edit : Here is the video of the exhaust :)

[youtube]IQtYx_Az_Zg[/youtube]

Yotah - what are the RC6 pads like from cold on the road? Are they fine after a couple of 'dabs'? The brakes are fine on the Twingo just the pads and lines are the only thing that need looking at as I found even the standard setup didn't suffer that much fade on track.

Well for the lines, braided lines are mainly an accessory for better look, but they don't bring much more feeling to the pedal anyway...

For the pads, they make a lot of noise when you don't brake hard and they stay cold, apart from that, even cold, they brake at least twice more than the standard setup. When hot, it's just another dimension! All the guys who go for passenger laps with me can't believe i only have uprated pads on standard brakes :D
I actually have to learn again all my braking points around the track ...

Cool nice one, noise doesn't bother me so looks like they're the pads for me. As for lines, it'll be a bit of bling for her as any mods I've ever done on any car have been function over fashion.

Not much new about the car, except that my suspensiosn should arrive shortly, top mounts must be sent by Kam Racing, and brake pads were sent yesterday by EvoCorse in Italy. On SUnday I will meet a guy who lives close to my parents place and does a lot of carbon fiber work to get some parts done (dashboard inserts, fog inserts, mirrors caps, cup wing, door panels). After that the car will be finished and won't change for at least a year (apart from getting a set of OZ Ultraleggera for winter tires).

But I found what will be the next horse in my stable :D, and it's far different from the RS, because it's not an RS!

Here is he baby that I test drove last weekend on a small track with an instructor who was kind enough to let me push it a bit. Now i must talk about it with the bank ...

sans_t11.jpg

[youtube]B27RD1YnS5E[/youtube]

I'm not interested in the active shocks and apparently they are optionnal. I went to the Porsche dealer yesterday to get some infos and get a financial estimation of how it woukd cost me to get one, actually only a hundred € more per month than my RS if I spread the price over 6 years, which sounds pretty much ok for me. So beginning of 2012 will be the good time i think.

Not related, but only 2 weeks to go before i can go back to the track with the RS!

I wouldn't get a new one if it's financed. A friend of mine is currently leasing a used 996 gt3 mk2 over a period of 5 years and is paying around 300€/month... because it lost most of it's value in the first 3 years and the estimated loss expected during the 5 years leasing is "only" around 15k

piece of advice: don't go for ceramic brakes! ~12k if the disks and pads are due :) (my friend now switched to steel discs becaus of this)