Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I intend to buy a used GT3, not a new one, and definitely steel discs as the Ceramic ones are actually not really better during most of the use, and damn more pricy! I got the servicing prices today, less than I expected for such a car!

yotah1":2oebgiq4 said:
I intend to buy a used GT3, not a new one, and definitely steel discs as the Ceramic ones are actually not really better during most of the use, and damn more pricy! I got the servicing prices today, less than I expected for such a car!

good choice :)

Finally some news from AST regarding my coilovers. They should leave the factory on Friday, should arrive shortly after at my dealer in France and should be in my hands before the end of next week... the "should" word is extremely important given the fact that they are 7 weeks late...

Hopefully I'll have them in time to be able to install them before going back to the track, and at the same time maybe the top mounts will have arrived from Kam Racing :)

ATS were extremely slow making my topmounts but fair play to Kam as they kept emailing them.
you going for ATS cambre mounts? the powder coated orange colour is amazing and pictures dont do it justice

Yes I ordered the camber mounts from Kam, waiting for them to arrive there, hopefully in time.

Also finalized today my payment for my carbon parts for the car. I will receive this WE the rear door panels and a footrest.

In the next months i will also receive the front door panels, the carbon hood and the carbon cup wing :)

holy..! that must have been a expensive order!

But I love how you're turning your car into a 'Ring Taxi'! :cool:

frediiii":3cmh7o0w said:
piece of advice: don't go for ceramic brakes! ~12k if the disks and pads are due :) (my friend now switched to steel discs becaus of this)

Ha ha, it is not a poor mans porsche if you want to keep it as original as when it left the factory...

Dutchie":22o0p6d6 said:
holy..! that must have been a expensive order!

But I love how you're turning your car into a 'Ring Taxi'! :cool:

All the parts already ordered cost me 300€ incl postage. Door panels, hood and Cup wing will cost me another 1500-1600€.

Had you not thought about plastic? It seems the parts you've ordered are not structural therefore CF seems overkill for little weight difference yet huge cost savings.

A trick the us Honda boys did was cover the rear panels around the seats (as was) and boot area an the fill it with foam cavity filler it stiffened the chassis no end without the need for a cage. Tho it's a bit permanent. :lol:

I go for carbon for the looks of it, if i wanted to have platic i would have left the interior panels in place...

I wasn't talking plastic interior panels I was talking quarter panels (wings) & bonnet even the Cup wing... (tho that's prob not available in plastic)

Just saying as you're very function over then you only want carbon for looks ;) :p :lol:

I don't intend to change any body panels (except hood) for CF panels as in case of a crash it just smashes into thousands of pieces and it's still my daily driver, as silly as it looks :)

Cup wing is injected ABS plastic.

Sorry mis-read saw panels and mis-read again and came up with quarter panels :lol: :oops:

Ahhh course it is, brain certainly not completely in gear when posting I had the Clio Cup wing in my head (don't ask).

Can't wait for the next update certainly the most focused car on here would love to do that to mine but can't really justify it.

F4R is delayed until i get my hands on my GT3 :D

I received an email this morning saying that my coilovers finally arrived so I should have them in my hands within 48h, as well as my carbon parts.
I hope I'll find enough time to fit everything to the car on Saturday before going to the Ring on Sunday!!