Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sad to hear your knee has taken permanent damage. hope it's not restricting too much...

on the other hand, if you are currently unable to do sports: there's a guy selling his F4R out of a clio 200 with schrick cams, arp bolts and freshly done head (post cam valve bending due to incompetent garage)... including gearbox for 1200gbp - open to offers...

https://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25280

would fit neatly in your twingo! :)

yotah1":28rdzyoi said:
Calipers from the Clio with the R2 Evo adapters and the AP Racing discs in 300mm.

So to be clear: the R2 EVO has adapters in it's 4 pot kit? You use slightly bigger discs than the EVO (300 mm versus 295 mm)? You use the Brembo calipers of the (312 mm) Clio III, but it seems they would fit. Surprised to see that, because most of the times racing discs have a smaller friction area, I don't know the correct word, but I mean the distance between "inner" and "outer" discs is normally smaller on racing discs. Like 250 mm inner diameter on a 330 mm outer diameter on a race disc versus 220 mm inner diameter on a 330 mm outer diameter on a road disc. I don't know why, I think it has to do with preventing the disc from warping under severe heat. But cool kit you have there!

1975DCS ... you´re asking yourself too many questions...

- the R2 Evo adapters fit the Brembo calipers from Clio 3 because they are exactly the same calipers as the ones sold in the R2 Evo kit
- the Evo discs are the ones I´ve bought, and they are 300mm diameter, not 295mm
- the width of the braking surface on the discs is usually smaller on racing discs because racing calipers are longer and therefore cover a bigger area of the disc anyway.

Madmatt, i called to get the price and if I remember correctly, they cost more than 100€ each. The discs cost 250€ each also ...

Racing has never been cheap, especially if you want your stuff to last ... I prefer to pay once a lot rather than pay several times for cheap crap that breaks on me while I´m doing 215kph between the armcos on the most dangerous track in the world...

yotah1":5sf6o1qo said:
Madmatt, i called to get the price and if I remember correctly, they cost more than 100€ each

FOOK ME! :shock:
Do you fancy doing a CAD Mockup or forwarding me the dimensions so I could do something with it?

Too complicated as you need to be very precise with the alignment of all the holes, and it´s completely open in the middle to shave weight. Honestly, it´s worth the money as they produce only a few and the milling cost looks to be pretty high given the quality.

For a part which holds your brake calipers, i would personaly not try to save 50 bucks by doing my own and take the risk to end up in a tree somewhere...

The price is two posts above ...

I´m tired of answering already answered questions!
Regarding the part number, I don´t have it here with me, but it´s on the online R2 Evo catalog.

yotah1":29j3hlmd said:
1975DCS ... you´re asking yourself too many questions...

- the R2 Evo adapters fit the Brembo calipers from Clio 3 because they are exactly the same calipers as the ones sold in the R2 Evo kit
- the Evo discs are the ones I´ve bought, and they are 300mm diameter, not 295mm
- the width of the braking surface on the discs is usually smaller on racing discs because racing calipers are longer and therefore cover a bigger area of the disc anyway.

Madmatt, i called to get the price and if I remember correctly, they cost more than 100€ each. The discs cost 250€ each also ...

Yeah I tend to do that a lot, asking myself and others questions... It's a bit of my ADHD... ;-) The prices don't seem to be that steep, so I will save up... Thanks for the answers!

Basically for the complete setup (discs, adapters, calipers, screws and all), the price is around 1500€ without labor.

yotah1":1igk1qr2 said:
Basically for the complete setup (discs, adapters, calipers, screws and all), the price is around 1500€ without labor.
Which is basicaly the same price as using decent components for a big brake conversion on most cars. Yeah, you can use cheap discs which probably need machining down to size or borring out to fit. Then, find a set of cheap used Brembos from a Boxter or something and give them a coat of paint. However, as Anthony mentions... These are going on for function rather than looks and unfortunately quality often has a higher price.

Anthony. Is a bias peddle box going in as well. Or, can this setup be used with the original master cylinder without undully affecting the balance? (realy sorry If you have mentioned before as I've not been keeping up with all the posts)

I keep the current pedal box and master cylinder. Tio balance the increase of braking power on the front wheels, I install race pads on the rear too so that the complete setup is a bit more balanced.

Exhaust manifold fitted, new brakes fitted, aircon will be fully removed next weekend, race pads on, etc etc. The car is fully transformed, it's now super loud and backfires and pops non stop, and the brakes are absolutely amazing (they needed modifications though as the supports were 9mm too big, putting the calipers too much away from the axis of the disc).

I'll post a video asap but honestly, no video will do justice to that Graaaawwwwrrrrr it does now :)

I'm like a kid tonight!!!!

yotah1":2lvtdf41 said:
Exhaust manifold fitted, new brakes fitted, aircon will be fully removed next weekend, race pads on, etc etc. The car is fully transformed, it's now super loud and backfires and pops non stop, and the brakes are absolutely amazing (they needed modifications though as the supports were 9mm too big, putting the calipers too much away from the axis of the disc).

I'll post a video asap but honestly, no video will do justice to that Graaaawwwwrrrrr it does now :)

Im in love with this post :D :D

take my money now.

yotah1":2mtn71z0 said:

That's a nice feeling! Glad you like the brakes as some people claim you can do the same with oem sized discs, but at least you tested them both and feel the difference... Your car is now half a race car, cool! Is it just the manifold that makes the car so much louder? A manifold used to be on my short list, but driving a loud car at 4500 rpm on a holiday trip...