Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't get the time to do it so it's bare metal right now.

Regarding the sound, the manifold makes it a lot louder as my car is mostly straight pipes now, so for a daily, it's way too loud!

I think I just jizzed a little... Can't wait to see some pics and videos :p

You getting it remapped again for the manifold?

I´ll get the map upgraded soon, but in the meantime I´m enjoying the big brakes, the new tyres (btw, the Maxsports offer a mssive massive grip!!!) and the full open exhaust popping and banging on every gear change :D

38688141939392403338582.jpg

57995441939400003521538.jpg

48836341939412003823924.jpg

52793642007095295862111.jpg

41936842007086895651199.jpg

30498342007101296013298.jpg

let me know how the maxsport compare to the toyo R888. heared they have nice stiff flanks and even threadwear. plus they are ultra-cheap compared to toyo

They are half price, and appear to have a pretty soft rubber on the middle. According to the guys who fitted them at Rent4Ring, the sides are stiff as racing slicks, they really struggled with them, but that also means that the tire are a bit heavier than R888, which is quite logical and I was expecting it.

They´re not as noisy as I was expecting though, especially given the fact that in some areas, there is absolutely no tread so they sound like slicks... On a very slick tarmac, it´s very noisy I have to admit, but the car will be less and less a daily driver ...

Last thing, they are very badly balanced. One of the wheels, the guys had to put 120gr of weights to balance the whole wheel!

yotah1":6uh3ckik said:
the new tyres (btw, the Maxsports offer a mssive massive grip!!!)

Bet you're glad I suggested them eh ;)
What compound did you end up going for?

Car's looking good matey :) keep us updated with what the Maxsports are like in the wet :D

I´ve gone with the Hard compound, to see the grip they offer and how long they can last.

I need to get a proper clean to the car once the suspensions will be back on, and I have some work to do to widen the wheelarches too as I rub on big bumps...

yotah1":1ej87xzu said:
have some work to do to widen the wheelarches too as I rub on big bumps...
Mine does too and it's on standard ride heigth! Just on the inside of rear arch. Must be down to the offset.

yotah1":3jwiapqc said:
I´ve gone with the Hard compound, to see the grip they offer and how long they can last.

I need to get a proper clean to the car once the suspensions will be back on, and I have some work to do to widen the wheelarches too as I rub on big bumps...

Not surprising considering the offset and big slicks... And of course the suspension on full load on the track...

I doubt it, considering the offset is 20mm lower on the 17" cup wheels. I got lucky that the calipers fitted within the OZ actually!!

Regarding the rubbing, I'm going to push the metal inside the rear wheel arches to make them wider, and remove the front wheelarches to see by how much I can widen them too. I must have a look if the inside of the wheel arches can be removed without exposing absolutely everything to the elements, because the tires rub a lot agains them (so much I can't even turn the steering by one complete lap on each side!

I am getting so many very naughty ideas from this thread! Thanks for putting so much detail up.

Yotah your videos are awesome I've watched most of them now.

You're such a good advertisement for what Renaultsport cars can do in the corners and I think they should send you some free stuff :)

It's funny how the average skill drivers in Porches must be thinking how it's possible you catch them in the corners - they probably tell the girlfriend you must have better tyres ;)

Porsche guys are actually quite fun, they usually come and ask for a passenger lap afterwards. BMW drivers on the other hand come and yell and get pissed because I was dangerous for driving so fast and being so much in their rear bumper ...

Different mindsets...

yotah1":xt7idcz8 said:
Porsche guys are actually quite fun, they usually come and ask for a passenger lap afterwards. BMW drivers on the other hand come and yell and get pissed because I was dangerous for driving so fast and being so much in their rear bumper ...

Different mindsets...

thats why your becoming a Porsche driver too :p

have you got it yet? or still waiting