Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yotah1":u3nonduk said:
MS, i told you, no RWB s**t for me. Wide cars, slow power... never understood the point of all that Stance thing anyway...

DrDrew : i´m looking for a 997 GT3 with the Clubsport package (half cage, fire extinguisher, carbon seats, driver harness), but ideally I´d like to have the passenger harness fitted too, the seats being in alcantara and leather, which is very rare (usually guys go for the non-leather seats, cheaper), the Sport Chrono package, but also would like to have the sat nav integrated (tired of having to clean my windshield for sat nav swirls...). On top of all that, I want to avoid the red clusters and yellow seatbelts, would love to get the front extra cage, fully red taillamps, and the yellow PCCB calipers but on steel discs.
pretty much an absolutely impossible combination to find...

well that certainly is very specific, good luck

manofhow":ekl3o4du said:
yotah1":ekl3o4du said:
MS, i told you, no RWB s**t for me. Wide cars, slow power... never understood the point of all that Stance thing anyway...

DrDrew : i´m looking for a 997 GT3 with the Clubsport package (half cage, fire extinguisher, carbon seats, driver harness), but ideally I´d like to have the passenger harness fitted too, the seats being in alcantara and leather, which is very rare (usually guys go for the non-leather seats, cheaper), the Sport Chrono package, but also would like to have the sat nav integrated (tired of having to clean my windshield for sat nav swirls...). On top of all that, I want to avoid the red clusters and yellow seatbelts, would love to get the front extra cage, fully red taillamps, and the yellow PCCB calipers but on steel discs.

well that certainly is very specific, good luck

Indeed. Hope you find exactly what you're after :D

yotah1":15323pen said:

maybe you should put on priority option that are impossible to put by yourself
and think : "ok this i can put it after no matter "

or buy new one ^^

Have you had a look at the price of a new car? And I like the looks of the 3.6l, not a fan of the newer versions.

Alcantara and leather seats are not impossible to go without, as well as chrono pack, but sat nav and clubsport, can´t live without these.

The RS is back on 4 16" wheels, it will get a complete alignment setup next tuesday, and then i will get the balancing of the wheels and tires checked next weekend at the Nurburgring, right now i get some virbations I´m not very happy with it.

But it´s a good feeling to have a car again with no flashing light and all that crap :)

too bad that this is not exactly "daily drivable"...

halek.jpg

for sale here in austria for 94k

There´s a 997 GT3 race car for sale for 57k in Germany, would be awesome but not yet in my timeline for racing. I intend to get a race car in a few years, as some friends want to join me into doing some races on the Nurburgring, but not now.

yotah1":2d7bcp2z said:
Gt2 RS is the current highest output from Porsche, but the RS 4.0 is the highest output for a normally aspirated road car.

But honestly, buying a "normal" GT3 with full cage, putting better and lighter wheels on it, a nice Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, and a Brombacher 3.9L engine upgrade kit, that gives you the same output as the RS 4.0, without the look so it´s a "kind of sleeper" (can a gt3 really be a sleeper???) and a superb sound, for not even half of the price of the 4.0 :D

So now you know my plans...

I am all about spoilers, turbo's or the highest n/a output, but I think the 997 GT3 is the best looking 911 ever! I even prefer it over the 911GT2 and GT3 and GT2 RS, despite those are wider and are faster... To bad for me the 4.0 regulation spec engine isn't in the standard GT3: I mean 125 bhp per liter! That would mean 200 bhp for our Twingo, that between R2 EVO and Super 1600 spec!

I didn't know what to do yesterday evening, so I figured out : why not doing a quick modelling of the RS in what it could look like in the future??
Ended up with that, 4.30 hours later, at 2 in the morning :D

That looks ace :)

Good to see the full cage making an appearance as your speeds and commitment scare the s*** out of me sometimes :shock:

The full cage is on my plans and has been for a while, but the issue is that I want it to be fully welded, which means you must remove everything remotely electrical from the car before doing that, which means a total dis-assembly of the vehicle, which means (yeah, it means a lot lol!!) that I'll do it when I'll put the new engine in it.

Autodesk Alias 2012. The one we use in the auto industry, a pain to use, but extremely precise, extremely time consuming, and the only one I am able to use actually...

yotah1":3t8istnn said:
The full cage is on my plans and has been for a while, but the issue is that I want it to be fully welded, which means you must remove everything remotely electrical from the car before doing that, which means a total dis-assembly of the vehicle, which means (yeah, it means a lot lol!!) that I'll do it when I'll put the new engine in it.
I know its recommended to remove the electronics etc, but how many garages do anything more than disconnect the battery for chassis welding.

In my previous job, we regularly had to weld the main chassis sections on the HGV semi-trailers and never removed the ABS/stability ecu. Likewise, in the current job, we have had the aluminium chassis of the ROV welded without removing any electronics. So long as the earth point is close to the weld site, and your not welding right next to a control unit or airbag, theres probaby a slim chance of damaging anything