Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah but around, there are neighbors usually ahahah

Lordyb, no upgrades in 2013, the car stays like that, I've got other projects which come first. But I hope to be able to start the new build with the turbo engine by the end of the year.

yotah1":1pkuvtvv said:
Yeah but around, there are neighbors usually ahahah

Lordyb, no upgrades in 2013, the car stays like that, I've got other projects which come first. But I hope to be able to start the new build with the turbo engine by the end of the year.

Have u bought a new car yet? Ie Porsche.

Not yet, other things in mind and taking a year away from the tracks (mostly) to focus on other projects which keep me about as busy as can be!
And the Porsche, i just can't find one! There's always something I don't like on it, so until i really fall in love at first sight, no buying.

Yes the tires have a bigger overall diameter (i don't remember exactly how much it is, I'll check) and they are wider too (205 wide) but what makes it look so big is that they are much "rounder" on the tirewall. Road tires have a pretty straight tirewall, so it's kind of "flat". These are more like racing slicks (logical as they are remanufactured and grooved slicks).

The car is lowered a lot. The ground clearance must not be much less than stock as the wheels are bigger so it counteracts the lowering, but as you can see when the car is up in the air, the gap between tire and wheelarch is very small. I've never measured (would have to compare with a stock RS) but I'm guessing around 6cm drop. I used to be lower with the 15", and had to raise it to avoid scratching everywhere in the wheelarches...

But with the new engine will come new axles and spindles from Clio/Megane, and the car will be much lower (aiming at 6-7cm off the ground). But then it will be a track car only, no more road use, and definitely no more daily driving.

yotah1":1455kfzp said:
But with the new engine will come new axles and spindles from Clio/Megane, and the car will be much lower (aiming at 6-7cm off the ground). But then it will be a track car only, no more road use, and definitely no more daily driving.
Low enough to make use of a splitter, flat floor and a diffuser?

Either way, I bet there will be a few more "fast cars" being embarassed once more in the future :)

With all the new regs coming in at the 'ring' wont that cause problems for you with this??

As always Yotah it looks awesome!!

They simply ask for buckets without ears on the sides (as that obstructs the view quite a lot), no removable steering wheels, and proper rollcage padding to avoid being hurt by your own cage. Anything else is admitted :D

And anyway, pretty much all cars are allowed during private trackdays (including several race cars).

I've had a look yesterday for Megane RS engine, front suspensions and spindles, rear axle, etc. It goes around 4000€ for all, but after you need the coilovers, the brakes, and the gearbox (and sequential gearboxes just cost a hell of a lot of cash...).
But still, the goal is under 1000kg and over 300bhp :D

I bet when the transformation is complete and you got the new engine in, you'll be doing something like this :p

31623492.jpg

Lol MS, very possible indeed :)

This weekend i was in France, I went to a trackday on Friday with the RS. Some videos will be ready soon. In the meantime, that's how dirty the car was (the track was very dusty!) :

Lol I didnt know this track and is not so far from my home town :D

édit : ******* long strait line :shock:

Some videos :

[youtube]yJ8ObOVMYVY[/youtube]

[youtube]loLJ_A-bfhk[/youtube]

[youtube]dJznyuBpzEI[/youtube]

[youtube]gZEy-CDiMmw[/youtube]

[youtube]pV0oWgkdwsE[/youtube]

Bit lively that rear end ;) and smidge of understeer on some corners, good driving there Yotah :)