Yotah´s RS Cup "Nurburgring Edition" -> 204hp F4R832 swap.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yotah1

Reaction score
Hi all, so a topic to show the work done on my car ...

Started Xmas of 2010 as a regular RS Cup, Blue Extreme paintjob, white flag stripes, 17" cup wheels and that´s about it. I bought it from a friend, 7800 km on it, so almost new and very well maintained.

It now has 70000 km on the odo and has seen a few things happening to it...

List of modifications done :
- Complete removal of the interior
- switch to Team Dynamics Pro race 1.2 matte black 15" rims and more recently to OZ Ultraleggera 16"
- Toyo R888 tires 195/50/15 and now Maxsport RB5 F3 205/45/16
- Carbone Lorraine RC6 brake pads front and rear
- ventilation pipes for the front discs
- Recaro Pole Position ABE bucket seats
- Schroth 6 point harnesses 3" wide in grey
- RS gear knob
- RS handbrake handle
- RS pedal set
- K&N forced induction system
- Inoxline Performance stainless steel complete decat system tailored for the car
- AST Sportline II coilovers with camber adjustable top mounts
- OMP rear strut brace
- dynoed and ECU remapped in August 2011 at BR Performance at 139cv and 173 Nm
- ScanGauge OBD 2 display
- rear camber plates from R2
- removal of all airbags in the dashboard and steering wheel
- R2 steering wheel and column
- R2 seat frames
- carbon fiber interior panels

Sometime in 2013 : Megane 265 Trophy engine with 300hp + sequential gearbox, Motec ECU and complete remap, rollcage, plexi windows, Clio 3 RS tracks, wider wheels arches and custom bodywork

I drive it very often at the Nurburgring, did my first laps there in January 2011, enjoyed it, went back later.
Here it is on my first laps on the Green Hell.

normal_A02Q0313.jpg

img9312touristenfahrten.jpg

Then in March i crashed it and decided to go for the full upgrade of the car, even thought i had already gone so far as to remove the interior and put bucket seats in. One advice, do not ever race on the Nurburgring when it´s half dry half wet ...

img0163zz.jpg

img0169c.jpg

So then the upgrade process :

imagefth.jpg

imageuzh.jpg

Back at the Ring a week after the car being mechanically fixed :D

normalimg6601j.jpg

More removal :

img0249cq.jpg

img0247ta.jpg

img0244oq.jpg

img0248wi.jpg

New parts :

img0329wu.jpg

img0333nm.jpg

img0344ym.jpg

img0352f.jpg

img0348fo.jpg

img0393sy.jpg

Removing the insulation thing on the floor :

img0399sn.jpg

img0398hp.jpg

img0401ok.jpg

Strut brace and airbox change :

26749820599506519521040.jpg

26892420599445317991040.jpg

26441220599468118561040.jpg

Inoxline exhaust vs OEM:

img0490gg.jpg

img0491o.jpg

img0492zz.jpg

And just some cool photos :

twingorscup03.jpg

twingorscup05.jpg

And my best lap to date on the Ring, BTG in 8´53" approx with 124 hp ... (actually today my best BTG is 8´40"07, visible a few pages later :D )

[youtube]xLp1DflbID0[/youtube]

That is a seriously awesome build mate :D

Sucks about your bump, good to see you got it fixed! I assume they bent you over for the costs to the barrier and track closure costs :(

Quick question....when did you change from Toyo R1-Rs to R888s?
The tyres on your Team Dynamics are R1-Rs :lol: Just thought I'd ask :geek:

That'll certainly be a nice weight difference :D

- rear camber plates might be cheaper from k-tecracing... I got mine from there but didn't have time to fit them yet ;)
- I went for excenter screws for the front - but I'll keep the stock suspension
- R2 pedalbox: are you also switching to wired throttle? otherwise there might be problems
- do you have pictures of the brake cooling ducting?
- are the ferrodo 2500 any good? or did you switch to the carbon lorraine for a reason? ;)

- about engine swap... I've been thinking about that for some time now. did you look into this? the location of the engine mounts is quite similar. as the twingo is built on a clio2 chassis, it might even be a "plug&play" job... except for the usual details

madmatt : thanks a lot, I´m trying to get the car to the best I can, still some things to upgrade but most of the "stage 1 " is done :)

I had to pay 2000€ for the track cleaning and barrier fixing (6 meters to replace), no closure however. I got lucky as I lost the rear at 175 kph and hit both sides of the track!

I switched to R888 last week, just before coming back home from South of France (1000km on the R888 on highway, bloody hell noisy!!!). I´ll test them next weekend at the Ring for the first time.

frediiii : I get my R2 parts directly from Renault Sport for a bit cheaper than average and that way I know they are of perfect quality and fit.
R2 pedalbox, I just mean the pedals, not the complete thing. The stock pedals are a bit too far away from each other between brake and throttle imo, so I must change that.
For the brake cooling, I must upload the pics, but look into my videos on Youtube, I posted one where I show what I did.

The Ferodos are good, but I keep them for winter / road use. They are far from being as good as the CL RC6 which just brake like hell compared to any other brake pad. Plus they never fade, but you need air ducts to cool everything down as it reaches easily 900° on big braking moments!

For the engine swap, I workd with a french racing team running a Meg 3 RS and the driver is an engine packaging engineer at Renault, he told me it might be possible but not easy at it will be a question of millimeters ! We´ll see next year... must buy some furniture for my flat first :)

Yep, too bad my GoPro ran out of batterie 10 seconds before the crash :(
I would have loved to have it in video!!!

Exactly Frediiii, fastest place on the Ring with the Twingo (now I go in it at 214 kph flat out!).

Thanks Daveyb133.

Next week normally I get the camber mounts for front and rear suspensions and the coilovers should be here too.

Edit : the air ducts for the brakes cooling :

And the R888 :

fuchsröhre is evil. I almost lost mine there as well. bad idea to conquer your first ever lap on the nordschleife in damp conditions :) Ah I wish I would have had better weather last year. could only do 5 laps in total. 2000km travel for 5 laps :(

we should meet there sometime :) a friend of mine is going on sept. 3rd... are you there that weekend?

Fortunately for me, i didn´t crash on my first lap. First time I went was in January (the 16th if I remeber correctly) and it was hot and dry! March was not the same ... I never saw a FWD oversteer that much :D until I hit the rail ...

No prob to meet there, I´m on site almost every 2 weeks...

I'm on a road trip through france, belgium and germany next year. I wanna have a bit of a drive around there, would love to do spa but the problem there is I would start to chase lap times I'm sure and my ability doesn't quite match my entusiasm I'm sure :lol:

Spa in a Twingo will be boring. I can give you some nice tracks in France for the RS and you should definitely do the Ring.

Back yesterday evening from the Nurburgring, met a couple of german guys running Twingos, they were quite shocked at how much faster than them I could go thanks to my different upgrades (and track knowledge also I guess) but it was fun almost all day.
Quite many track closures, many many crashes with completely totalled cars! And sadly a biker killed himself almost in front of me, pretty hard scene to watch :(

The car ran fine, a little brake fluid boiling after lunch but nothing bad. Brake pads are just perfect, but i need to learn again all my braking points as most of the time I had to re accelerate before the turns :D
But they wear out very fast! I put them on 2 weeks ago, did 3 driving sessions on a track in France, 21 laps of the Nurburgring yesterday, 3 mm remaining on the front pads !!

Only one problem during the week-end, my exhaust intermediate pipe go a bit loose, so I had to re-tighten the screws during the day, gotta get this modified asap.

The R888 were almost perfect, didn´t wear out so much in 21 laps, but the cold temperature (16°C maximum) didn´t allow me to get them into good temperature so the grip was not maximum, so no new lap time.

A few parts I realised I definitely need to install :
- carbon door panels with leather straps to pull the doors
- carbon foot rest for both driver and passenger (i got the car so messy on Saturday because of the rain, i don´t ever wanna have to clean it that much again!)
- still waiting on suspensions...

It is sobering when you something like that. last time I was there I watched a guy in a new seat Leon simply not break and caved in the back of a old m3, thought they were both dead, but luckily both walked away.

Needless to say I backed off a little after that.

I love the vid where you're doing a lap on the Ring! seems like so much fun! but the accidents like you described aren't fun to watch but happen unfortunately..