1.2 kangarooing and juddering

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

holliedynamique

Reaction score
I know a lot of RS owners r having this issue just after start up on colder days but mine has recently started kangarooing and being slightly juddery for bout 4 mins after start up, I know there was something about 1.2 being recalled for valve issues would this cause this? I've not had a letter or anything, didn't think it was an issue with the 1.2 :( its really annoying

They don't send u out a letter Holly they wait tell u take it in or contact them to say about the problem

when did you picked up your car from the dealership? Because my dealer told me that all 1.2's that were picked up in january had to get checked if they needed work. This might be the case at yours, even though this might be country specific.

But as Davey said, the best might be to see your dealer.

Translated from >here<
The French car manufacturer Renault has launched a preventive recall 78,000 vehicles that present a risk of breakage of engine, said Friday, 21 October a spokesman told AFP.

The recall involves 77,915 units specifically including 22,975 in France, he said. "There is a potential non-compliance at the half-cone valve" and "the ultimate consequence could be the case of the engine," said the spokesman.

The engines involved were produced between September 17, 2010 and November 30, 2010 and will equip the Twingo, Clio, Modus and, of Wind and Dacia Sandero, according to the spokesman.

Clients are notified by mail, he still advised.
From elsewhere, i read it is for the 1.2 and 1.2 turbo engines and is to check the valve collets as there was a batch of sub standard collets fitted.

Hollie. If a valve collet had failed, it would be likely your engine would be extremely unhappy and wouldn't clear up after a few minutes. The collets ensure the valve spring stays attached to the valve stem. If the valve isn't closed by the spring, the piston will hit the valve... There will also be bits rattling about where the camshafts are.

From vehicle details, they should be able to tell when your engine was built and get it checked if required

Mine was delivered end of January 2011 to the dealers waited 2 months for it from ordering I believe, I think it was just cos it was so cold, it's not done it today and it's a lot warmer so hopefully it's okay dosent sound like what ur describing singlespeed

Mines not tht bad just a bit juddery back and forward lol it's been very well behaved so far since talking bout it and it's not using much petrol either the bar kept going for 70 miles!!