1.2 tce vs 133 and what can be done to either....

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stedaley

Reaction score
Guys,

Been looking into either a 1.2 tce twingo, (gt) and a 133.

Ill be driving to and from placement around 20miles a day, all the way down around portsmouth, i dont believe any motorway driving apart from the odd weekend, (200mile trip) to and from Northampton.

Could i get some advice on thoughts about both cars?

Insurance is around the same so thats not a problem, and mpg is above 30 so again thats fine!

Also when i do manage to get either car, i would be looking to obviously make it a little bit special, are there any parts that fit straight into it from such cars as the 197 and 225? Such as interior pieces (seats?/etc)

And what options do i have with either engine/car in general...

Welcome along, if you do get one of the two and head up northampton way let me know as there is a few of us that live in/close to northampton and can have a bit of a meet up of you want.

I'd personally choose the 133 although I haven't owned a gt but the 133 looks just looks better I think and is a great car.

Engine tuning wise your best of getting a gt as the 133's are expensive to improve the performance.

Handling/stance wise both have lowering springs and coilovers available and some spacers or wheels that sit out wider arnt hard to come by as the hubs are the same as clio 172/182.

As for parts from 197's and 225's etc I don't think much will fit as the twingo interior is different. I may be wrong and get proved otherwise. Even the recaro seats need modifying/different subframes to fit.

Chicken":15pzkvcf said:
Welcome along, if you do get one of the two and head up northampton way let me know as there is a few of us that live in/close to northampton and can have a bit of a meet up of you want.

I'd personally choose the 133 although I haven't owned a gt but the 133 looks just looks better I think and is a great car.

Engine tuning wise your best of getting a gt as the 133's are expensive to improve the performance.

Handling/stance wise both have lowering springs and coilovers available and some spacers or wheels that sit out wider arnt hard to come by as the hubs are the same as clio 172/182.

As for parts from 197's and 225's etc I don't think much will fit as the twingo interior is different. I may be wrong and get proved otherwise. Even the recaro seats need modifying/different subframes to fit.

Does the twingo need modifying mechanically or is the standard car good enough?

And thats a shame about the parts, theres a few little bits in the 197 and 225 that id like to try and make fit, the recaros being one of them! Had anyone on here tried that swap?

Im going to be around Northampton alot over summer, but by that time ill already have bought one! So a meet would be a good idea so i can see what you guys are doing!

Have you got a thread up about your 133? Theres a few on here i like, but i havent a clue on where to get the parts from...

I must admit the idea i have so far is

Twingo 133
Black/blue
Calliper swap,
Stock suspension as i would say renaultsport know what they are doing and rave reviews.
Wheel change (need ideas for what exactly)
Improve air flow to-from engine, (improved filter/exhaust)

i would like to improve the interior of the car, making it a nicer place to be,
Seats (heated if possible), better materials used/for dash doors, HUD units are starting to come out so integrating one somewhere

If anyone has any ideas for things like this let me know! If anyone has tried with these ideas before and could warn me off it.

stedaley":2pftuve7 said:
Chicken":2pftuve7 said:

Does the twingo need modifying mechanically or is the standard car good enough?

And thats a shame about the parts, theres a few little bits in the 197 and 225 that id like to try and make fit, the recaros being one of them! Had anyone on here tried that swap?

Im going to be around Northampton alot over summer, but by that time ill already have bought one! So a meet would be a good idea so i can see what you guys are doing!

Have you got a thread up about your 133? Theres a few on here i like, but i havent a clue on where to get the parts from...

I must admit the idea i have so far is

Twingo 133
Black/blue
Calliper swap,
Stock suspension as i would say renaultsport know what they are doing and rave reviews.
Wheel change (need ideas for what exactly)
Improve air flow to-from engine, (improved filter/exhaust)

i would like to improve the interior of the car, making it a nicer place to be,
Seats (heated if possible), better materials used/for dash doors, HUD units are starting to come out so integrating one somewhere

If anyone has any ideas for things like this let me know! If anyone has tried with these ideas before and could warn me off it.
There's a few of us this way and haven't seen a couple in ages so a meet is needed. Will look into it in the summer when it's good weather.

Standard car is good enough for what it is in my opinion. If you do want to change it without spending stupid money best bet is air filter, exhaust and then a remap which won't see much bhp gains but will help power delivery and get rid of a flat spot some 133's have.

The recaros have been swapped into twingos but the sun frames need cutting and welding I believe.

I haven't got a thread about mine on here and don't own it anymore. Didn't do a lot to mine it had the back box removed, ktec panel filter, a pillars were wrapped with alcantara and probably some other small bits and bobs. Oh changed the speakers in front and put some in the back.

Black or blue twingos are the best looking j think.

Some people have swapped front calipers for bigger ones and I believe one or two managed to get 197 brakes to fit with modifications.

Suspension wise some people leave it stock, some have thought lowering springs are an improvement and some prefer coilovers so I guess it's down to personal opinion and if you wants lows.

Wheel change is a tricky one as it comes down to personal preference really. I had 182 alloys on mine and a few others have done the same. The wheel hubs in the twingo are the same 4x100 as the clios so there is a wide choice of wheels out there.
Improved airflow has mixed reviews. Some prefer the standard airbox with a different air filter and some preferred induction kits mostly for the noise I believe.

Welcome along.

I can't really add much to the mix for chicken really.

My preference would have to be a 133 it's an all round set up car, not starting a 133/GT war but you have to spend some money to level the playing field

Mine only had a panel filter, hids and a panel filter

I loved every second of it to be fair. they are wild and sound raw as it is. For bang for buck you can't go much wrong.

Welcome :) There's a fair amount of us around the northampton area now!

I can't any more to what has been said really. The GT is a great base to modify from however it will probably take about £500-1000 to get it to a level that's similar to a 133 which for that price you could have bought a 133.

But the characteristics will be very different to a modified GT to a 133. The 133 will highly likely feel a lot more refined than the GT. However the GT will have a lot more torque and will most likely have

Powerwise a GT is cheaper to get more out of. The GT can get to around 140 on the stock turbo with around £1000 of mods (injectors, induction kit, exhaust/decat, remap, and clutch) however with a hybrid turbo the gearbox and the engine internals can just hold 160bhp briefly.

Modified GT's":13kjoq49 said:

On the 133 wise, engine tuning is expensive! However there are more options for the engine than compared with the GT but it's expensive for not that much extra BHP. With the 133 there are more options for exhausts, coilovers, and more extreme engine mods such as ITB's and standalone ECU's.

Modified 133's":13kjoq49 said:

Enjoy reading those ;)

jra3d":13kjoq49 said:

I loved every second of it to be fair. they are wild and sound raw as it is. For bang for buck you can't go much wrong.

What about that meet where you had a pod filter in it? It sounded stupidly awesome!

Dubz":20y7je73 said:
Welcome :) There's a fair amount of us around the northampton area now!

I can't any more to what has been said really. The GT is a great base to modify from however it will probably take about £500-1000 to get it to a level that's similar to a 133 which for that price you could have bought a 133.

But the characteristics will be very different to a modified GT to a 133. The 133 will highly likely feel a lot more refined than the GT. However the GT will have a lot more torque and will most likely have

Powerwise a GT is cheaper to get more out of. The GT can get to around 140 on the stock turbo with around £1000 of mods (injectors, induction kit, exhaust/decat, remap, and clutch) however with a hybrid turbo the gearbox and the engine internals can just hold 160bhp briefly.

Modified GT's":20y7je73 said:

On the 133 wise, engine tuning is expensive! However there are more options for the engine than compared with the GT but it's expensive for not that much extra BHP. With the 133 there are more options for exhausts, coilovers, and more extreme engine mods such as ITB's and standalone ECU's.

Modified 133's":20y7je73 said:

Enjoy reading those ;)

jra3d":20y7je73 said:

What about that meet where you had a pod filter in it? It sounded stupidly awesome!

I think the 133 is for me, I dont want to promise myself i would do something on the car and end up not doing it!!

Now that's what we like to hear, hope you find a nice base 133.

Jra3d now you know what essay I was writing yesterday :lol:

Oh god that Pod filter.... Just don't go there. It sounded like it would grab your granny and steal your cat, or even swallow a small child. That was stupid!

An yes chicken I get you now it is a big one! It so interrupted our bromance

Hopefully i can!!

Ill be up around Northampton every few weekends so ill have to come along!!

Just finding a 133 in price range now!!