133 Cup Vs GT TCE 100 Gordini...what will come on top?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

133 Cup or 1.2TCE Gordini

• 133 Cup

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • 1.2 TCE Gordini

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A Draw!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jordysportracing

Reaction score
Well, now I've tucked my bike away for winter I've dug out the 133 Cup as my daily and frankly was a bit gutted after having the Gordini as a daily so tomorrow I've got a spare airfield and were going to have a drag race, both with driver only in the car and both weighing the same +-2kg so place your bets ladies and gents will update tomorrow. Both cars are completely standard bar the 133 has 5kg of ballast removed from it. my expectations say the 133 will be quicker up to 60mph but after that i rekon the Gordini will have it.
Thoughts?

no offense mate but i know you are a gt fan so im not going to fully trust anything thats posted.

i cant be arsed with another rs vs gt slanging match.

weve seen a video of an rs vs gt and the rs won.

both cars have much to offer and if i was going to believe anything id want yotah and jra3d driving them because i know both of them would give both cars hell, get the most out of them and both will want to win

Daveyb133":wblnds90 said:
no offense mate but i know you are a gt fan so im not going to fully trust anything thats posted.

both cars have much to offer and if i was going to believe anything id want yotah and jra3d driving them because i know both of them would give both cars hell, get the most out of them and both will want to win

Ok that's up to you, my old man will be driving the GT i will be driving the 133 and as for giving the cars hell.....my father and I hillclimb single seaters.

its more for me, as the 133 feels slow, whereas the gt just seemed to pull. I don't want a slagging match as you call it, just a bit of fun seeing as there's free runway. may also do another with the 133 Wind?

could you try an out and back race , around a few cones as well.

There fairly evenly matched for a straight sprint off the line, so a lot would depend on the driver getting away clean and how much traction you can get.

At least a couple of sprints back and forth would also test the brakes and handling a bit. Do it like a cycle pursuit race :)

Jordysportracing":2skkvz9d said:
Daveyb133":2skkvz9d said:

Ok that's up to you, my old man will be driving the GT i will be driving the 133 and as for giving the cars hell.....my father and I hillclimb single seaters.

its more for me, as the 133 feels slow, whereas the gt just seemed to pull. I don't want a slagging match as you call it, just a bit of fun seeing as there's free runway. may also do another with the 133 Wind?

the only reason i said those 2 is because they are well known on here and it would be an honest fight.

i also agree with neil about a down and back with a few corners or cones in the mix.

Daveyb133":3m8sdls7 said:
Jordysportracing":3m8sdls7 said:
Daveyb133":3m8sdls7 said:

the only reason i said those 2 is because they are well known on here and it would be an honest fight.

i also agree with neil about a down and back with a few corners or cones in the mix.

my biggest downside is that i am far too competitive and it runs in the family so you have nothing to worry about there. draw out your own autotest course i don't mind can do pretty much anything on the airfield.

133 is standard cause its mine lol plus a twin subwoofer that fekin heavy

gordini - inc passenger plus full exhaust and induction kit

Dabbot":avuj6znu said:
133 is standard cause its mine lol plus a twin subwoofer that fekin heavy

gordini - inc passenger plus full exhaust and induction kit

yes exactly so its not standard, got a passenger in aswell, does the passenger account for the mods? don't know.

It's torque that gets you off the line, and the two cars are much closer than many realise. I think it will be very close, and with the sort of power delivery a turbo makes, can understand why you think it may be quicker.

I'd have my money on the 133 to be honest. Obviously me and the Mrs both have 133s but my mum has a Gordini TCE so I've driven them both frequently and back to back.

As much as the 1.2 turbo has a nice amount of torque on tap most of the time, I just reckon the gearing is short and certainly off the line it still feels like a 1.2. The extra revs from the 133 engine I think will give it the legs.

Admittedly I don't think that there would be a huge difference in it as the TCE engine is impressive but I still reckon the 133 will pull away slightly. That said though, I'd be more interested to see some lap times as it's in the bends where the 133 really excels.

Id put my money on the rs, i had a gordini 100 before upgrading to a RS, although the gt is a quick car the Rs is still quicker, soon as i drove the rs i could feel the difference on both acceleration and top speed :) although i think it will be a close on initially :)