133 Exhaust layout

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RS133ETO

Reaction score
Could someone please explain what the exhaust set up on the RS 133 is?

Is it manifold (Cat built-in) Downpipe, front pipe, silencer, back box? I'm sure I've read somewhere that it has 2 silencers plus the back box. Reason I ask is because I would like to replace the silencers with straight through as they're restrictive? Or would I be wasting my money?

maggi112":2r28udiv said:
If you're after performance, you're only going to succeed in making it louder. And you do risk causing a flat spot, or exaggerating an existing flat spot.

I have 2 silencers removed and the flat spot at 2K rpm is bloody ridiculous, it sounds good but its annoying.

maggi112":28bm8tcp said:
If you're after performance, you're only going to succeed in making it louder. And you do risk causing a flat spot, or exaggerating an existing flat spot.

I was after a slight performance increase without changing the stock mani and cat. So the only performance increase via exhaust is a manifold and sports cat with the rest of the standard system?

RS133ETO":76nqsgpn said:
maggi112":76nqsgpn said:

I was after a slight performance increase without changing the stock mani and cat. So the only performance increase via exhaust is a manifold and sports cat with the rest of the standard system?

Before you do this get your car on a rolling road and see if it makes book figures, alot of 133s don't make book figures and some as low as 120!

A remap would solve this easily but a 'cat-back' exhaust like the supersprint or ktec one and a remap will give it a little bit as its freeing gasses a tad quicker, only a little though.

A good upgrade would be the ktec manifold and exhaust which can make about 150bhp with a remap.

waitey":3jyb8dvn said:
RS133ETO":3jyb8dvn said:
maggi112":3jyb8dvn said:

Before you do this get your car on a rolling road and see if it makes book figures, alot of 133s don't make book figures and some as low as 120!

A remap would solve this easily but a 'cat-back' exhaust like the supersprint or ktec one and a remap will give it a little bit as its freeing gasses a tad quicker, only a little though.

A good upgrade would be the ktec manifold and exhaust which can make about 150bhp with a remap.
^ this

MovingShadow":3jyb8dvn said:
Seen this a couple of days ago on Facebook (they share the remaps they do)

It actually got re-mapped to the bhp it should have.

Think most of you should consider a remap to see if this is something frequent.

6fSYal.jpg

Wc9AHl.jpg

MovingShadow":2x40xzs7 said:
waitey":2x40xzs7 said:
RS133ETO":2x40xzs7 said:
maggi112":2x40xzs7 said:

^ this

MovingShadow":2x40xzs7 said:
Seen this a couple of days ago on Facebook (they share the remaps they do)

It actually got re-mapped to the bhp it should have.

Think most of you should consider a remap to see if this is something frequent.

6fSYal.jpg

Wc9AHl.jpg

10hp less than quoted. That's worrying, will definitely be interested to find out what mine is before I decide on exhaust.