133 flat out?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still running my Twingo in so not gone above 65ish to be honest, haven't even done much beyond that in the Mrs 133.

I'm generally pretty sympathetic on all of the cars I've had but I do like to give them at least one run to see if they make the claimed top end speeds.

My Clio 172 was still pulling at 130 and my Megane 225 was still going at 140 so I'm pretty confident they'd hit the book figures. Even my old Lupo Sport hit nearly 120 on the speedo!! lol

gordiniseb":29q3d0c9 said:
matbry01":29q3d0c9 said:
gordiniseb":29q3d0c9 said:
Craig":29q3d0c9 said:
ive had 67, still running it in :(

Whats running in then??
Got green light going home from dealer. :lol:
If it came up in ur speedo it's your shift light ;)

Thats what it is! mys is on revey counter thiningy tho. :lol:
Yup lol hit ur reve limit it lights up lol also the one next to it is ur traction control cam turn that of in all lol.

I'm more interested in the monitor than the top speed :lol:

Who cares about top speed?! I found a really nice, twisty open road earlier and didn't hit more than 45 and I was in heaven :D

ive had 133 aswell once, but it did take weeks to get from 129 to 133 (very very long private road of course)

maggi112":39mfubhd said:
I'm more interested in the monitor than the top speed :lol:

Who cares about top speed?! I found a really nice, twisty open road earlier and didn't hit more than 45 and I was in heaven :D

Monitor? U have rs monitor ?

Thing is does the RS Monitor work by GPS or from the speedo?

I mean all figures I've quoted are from the speedo but on my sat nav they'd be somewhat less when you're getting over the 100mph mark.

twingo_213.png

stock limiter snaps in at 216 km/h (134,22 mph)

satnav / speedo difference is ~3mph at those speeds.

haven't tested since I got my limiter raised to 7400rpm. probably won't do it ever, as I didn't quite enjoyed that ride above... twingo isn't built for top-speed. plus if you look closely you can see a car in front of mine. the guy decided to switch lanes so I was filming (picture is a still of a film) and hard braking...

btw: no private road. german autobahn :p

ive had mine at 131 still was going but like Karl a bit of poo came out as i was on my own private motorway i mean road

is there anywhere in the UK that does 1mile drag runs? seen some events in Germany. what but great to strength the 133's legs on a safe legal timed run :)

think theres a place in york that has a 1 mile run section????

only had 115 (on a private car park), starts to become a little unsettled in comparison to other cars I have owned, but it wasnt really built for that.

the bmw 325ti i had was happy to sit all day at 155 slowly bouncing off the electronic limiter, but put the two cars on some twisties the twingo would eat it alive.

Worst I have ever had was a Alfa 156, at about 120mph the front end would start to lift and the steering would go very light, horrid sensation.

<= I can't help but LOL at weebob's avatar!!!!!! FLOL!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I've had 3 digits appear on the ScottScott before!! Frigging sketchy taking a French car to those speeds, everything vibrates!!

Graham":25wjgmqw said:
<= I can't help but LOL at weebob's avatar!!!!!! FLOL!!!!!!!!

Anyways, I've had 3 digits appear on the ScottScott before!! Frigging sketchy taking a French car to those speeds, everything vibrates!!

Cheers, still makes me chuckle.

Taking a alfa too 135 wasnt one of my best thought out moments. Did that during a trip to the 'ring last year, in convoy with a ariel atom, a lister and a couple of lambos, got some cracking photos.

My twingo didnt really change at 133mph to be honest, its a brill wee car its done me proud.