133 or 133 cup?

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_Robo

Reaction score
Hey guys, as you may already know I have a gordini 100 tce, I bought it July last year and have just done 12000 miles on it.

It's an awesome car, but I fancy a change, so I'm tempted in trading up to a 133, but the question is do i go for a cup or one even one with a cup chassis, due to the miles I do (at least 50 per day) as I don't want the firm ride from spoiling it. Although the cup in white, with the Id is my favourite ATM :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers guys :)

i have cup chassis and drive mine every dayto work and also do long journeys once every few months (500 odd miles ) and i dont find any problem with the firmness.

i like the fact it shakes a little as i know what it is rather than an armchair.

i know u can change them but u get better looking wheels with the cup.

(never driven the non cup to actually know how much softer it is)

I ragged both to hell on a test drive. And i loved the non cup. Couldn't see the need for the cup, until I drove it. Cup all the way. Goes from a modest warm hatch into something that will thrill you constantly

I do 50 miles a day for work and have the cup pack- not once have I thought I want a softer ride! The bumps make it fun

Test drove a cup and a standard car and with a baby i chose the standard car. I find the standard car very bumpey and stiff and didnt want anything worse. Besides a measly 4mm and 10% stiffer dampers and bigger wheels arent going to make a big difference. If i wanted to use it solely for track the cup would get binned for bilsteins or something anyway...

My biggest hate after owning the car for a day is the electronic driver aids have almost caused me to crash rather than the opposite!

The standard chassis is extremely capable and easily as quick on the road.

The main reason for my preference for the Cup chassis is the wheels. Simple as that. Cup wheels, normal chassis is a winner. lol

Have to agree with that completely cup wheels are much much better looking was considering that being my first mod but are they heavier? Also assume tyre profile is smaller so harsher ride?

That and ive promised myself not to mod this car...the saxo taught me that lol

The ride in a non-Cup by comparison is a lot more supple on the road. Even though my Gordini came with the usual 17" rims so same profile, the lack of Cup chassis smooths everything out.

That said though as good as the Cup rims look, the 16" rims are a hell of a lot rarer which is something I like about them.

thanks for all of the comments guys, given me plenty to think about haha!
Phoned up a garage yesterday about a white Twingo Cup, J33 CUP's old car in fact but sadly id missed out and someone had literally just put a deposit down on it.. so back to looking for now :p

Theres a full fat advertised at dealers near me for 8499 but i know theyd let it go for 7500 17000 miles and silver grey colour

twing0joe":3e1nns2l said:
My biggest hate after owning the car for a day is the electronic driver aids have almost caused me to crash rather than the opposite!

Just turn the traction control off.
That's the first thing I do when I start the car up. It's bumpy where I live so the T/C sometimes cuts in even when accelerating in a straight line.
Much more fun with it off.

manofhow":3etec2zr said:
i have cup chassis and drive mine every dayto work and also do long journeys once every few months (500 odd miles ) and i dont find any problem with the firmness.

+1

+/- 900 miles/month, and 100% pleasure ! :cool:

i used to drive to sheffield and back in mine with a cup chassis. nearly all motorway driving, never had a problem with the cup chassis, why not have a car thats fun to drive to take the boringness of the commute away? when the weather was nice i used to find some back roads to go down on the way home to make it fun