15's to replace 17's on an RS133 for winter use.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C7JPE

Reaction score
I'm considering getting 15's with winter tyres to replace the 17's for a few months of the year (and will give me a chance to refurb the 17's this winter).

Has anyone done this and can recommend the best wheel/tyre arrangement for a grippy winter setup on a RS133

thanks

A good set of solid powdercoated wheels which are easy to clean and care for would do it for me, as for tyres how wintery are you looking? German style thick thread or just something that can hold their own in the wet I.e. Rainsports

good call. Probably rainsports, a good allweather 5 season tyre on a smaller rim for fitment Nov-Mar (is what I've done on my other vehicle)

Even in a stanard steel rim - What about best size for winters on a Twinny?

Some smaller tatty used OEM Renault alloys withthe correct offset would be good - that I can refurb in black or anthracite, and then source 4 matching winter part-worn rubber for them would be a good solution
(then in Nov. when they are fitted, I can refurb my OEM 17" wheels as they are curbed and corrosion has set in good-and-proper under the lacquer).

I run speedline turbines 15" with no problems. Plenty of choice out there if you want renault alloys.

Thanks yes and I know some will say "why do you want to change 17s for 15s on a 133RS" but they might suit some winter tyres and there are plenty of OEM looking equipment out there like some Clio Turini 15s I'm thinking about.

I assume the Clio uses the same offset wheel generally?

Thanks for your advice and if I secure a set I'll start looking at 185/55/R15 winter tyres (which is what's on my steel spare in the boot) so fairly sure that tyre size will work.

It picks up a lot better in gear due to not having the weight of the 17"s on. Also the speedlines are a lot stronger wheel just incase you have a slide and hit a curb.
I run lassa winter tyres and use them on the road rally car. Good in the dry and wet also.

I've just been looking at this myself. Was looking to buy some 17" Winter tyres form my RS133. They don't make them in this size????????

So now I've got to go to the added expense of buying new alloys.

Good Solution and price those winter wheels/tyres thanks - I ended up getting a set of Megane 15"s with nearly new BFG tyres and had the wheels refurbed to make up an OEM looking winter-set - work a treat on the Twingo.