172 seats into twingo

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neill70

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the seats from a 172 clio will go straight into a twingo gt?

I know the twingo is based on the clio and have tried the search function on here but not found anything conclusive.

I was hoping someone may have allready done the swap, definitely need some side support, the gt seats are a bit flat and I like to corner fast ;-)

i was wanting to fit some clio seats after christmas is out the way as well so if you could test it JE it would be a huge help :)

Deamon tweaks sell some sweet looking seats if they'll fit. There is a really cool one with R333 written on it. Someone skilled maybe able to change it to R133 which would be sweet. Little on the pricey side though these seats...

from looking underneath the car at the seat mounting points i would be 90% sure they will fit, they look identical, i would like a set of 182 recaros for mine :(

id also imagine the twingo seats have the same spacers that go through the floor that you can remove to give a lower seating position like you can on the RS clios

I tried fitting a 1*2 OMP subframe which would not line up so this would suggest the seat won't either.

You could remove the spacers but your seat would be wonky as from what I cn remember the spacers are different sizes in the inside to what they are on the outside.

Just buy my OMP subframes and be done with it :p

As if you still have then haha!

Would 172 seats look in place in the twingo? Cause everything in it is abit more modern!
They should defo bring out some cheaper recaros to fit the twingo..

i recon they would look a bit dated yes.

as a nice substitute to recaros, motordrive make some cheap but awesome bucket seats.

the spacers are at different heights from inside to outside yes but they are the same thickness, its the subframes that are different so you can remove them no problem and not be wonky.

only downside is because the seat moves closer to the floor its sometimes a bit stiff to move back and forward due to touching the carpet. you just unbolt the 4 bolts under the car holding the seat in, lift the seat up just enough to get the spacers out then screw it back down, 10 minute job,

My rx8 seats were raised an inch on the subframes using square tubular metal that was bolted through.. I think im gonna take those out and maybe even the washers too

So if I get the omp subframes can you fit pretty much any seat say an old Scooby one as they hold you pretty well.

Unfortunately for me I still have a pair of OMP subframes in the garage :( have a for sale thread somewhere...

Someone should try fitting Wind seats into a Twingo.

They're more up-to-date looking than a 172 and have airbags inside them, even my gf that doesn't know a thing about cars says she loves my seats more than her dad's 220 CDI :p

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Wise-ass :lol:

it had to be said :) (do love the pics that you do find though)

the only prob with the wind seats though is they are fixed back arnt they?