195/40 17 Tyres

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl

Reaction score
Right i remember when the 133s came out and you could only buy the 195/40/17s in contis. Just been doing a bit of research on them and found there are now more companys doing 195/40/17 tyres :D

Conti
Vredestein
Uniroyal
Toyo
Flaken

https://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m54b0s264p0

To be fair if i was to put them in order of best to worse make my list would be this

Conti
Toyo
Uniroyal
Flaken

I cant comment on Vredestein as i have never heard of them before.

Vredestein are bloody good make , my winter Tyres are them and are best winters I've ever had so I'd hazard a gues the summer tyre are pretty good

do u mean falken???if so id put them above uni's,
but then again id put toyos and falken above conti's depending on what tyre type ur buying!!

I had Vredestein sessantas on my x type and I cant praise them high enough. They were the best tyres i have ever had. and i've had a few premium ones. 100% better than the OEM Pirelli P Zeros. My son also had them on his last Astra VXR and he rates them too, he'll get them when his new one needs them.

Ian

gordian":19aybt5i said:
I had Vredestein sessantas on my x type and I cant praise them high enough. They were the best tyres i have ever had. and i've had a few premium ones. 100% better than the OEM Pirelli P Zeros. My son also had them on his last Astra VXR and he rates them too, he'll get them when his new one needs them.

Ian

Yeh , im the same definatly getting some for the twingo next.

My brother has got a set of Vredestein on his R26. He says they ain't to bad at all and for the price you cant argue at all! The only thing he doesnt like though is the pattern of the tread on them :? :lol:

What a thing to moan about the tread :lol:

To be fair i use to choose my old tyres on the tread pattens :lol:

yoko pradas on most of my cars coz they are AMAZING and they look damm sexy hahaha

i might ring my local tyre company 2moz and ask if they have a chart for sexyness vs grip :lol: :lol:

theres only one type of tyre for me ......
just to damm expensive and only last afew weeks :cry: :cry:

user121_pic2296_1226176732.jpg

I have on my twingo the vredestein sportac3,
It's a great tyre byt not for twingo 133!
It is an ideal tyre for a family car once it is not make mucc noise an it is good at the wet!
Te negative is that tou cant trust it at the corners when you go fast!
Conisportcontact3 i believe that suit better on our cars!

agrars from in italy and other people of our forum have vredestein Sportrac3 and they said they are great!!!
it's strange isn't it??

FaBiO 180":16vtvu58 said:
agrars from in italy and other people of our forum have vredestein Sportrac3 and they said they are great!!!
it's strange isn't it??
It is a good tyre but contis are giving me a better feeling of the car at the corners when I am going fast specialy at roads at the mountain

Dimitris85":1krlw517 said:
FaBiO 180":1krlw517 said:
it's strange isn't it??
It is a good tyre but contis are giving me a better feeling of the car at the corners when I am going fast specialy at roads at the mountain
and do you agree that contis aren't good on wet??

Twingogeekeo":1l4ae1tq said:
Conti
Toyo
Uniroyal
Flaken

I've checked some slovak e-shops, and these are available in 195/40R17:
Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX TT
Yokohama S drive
Conti CS3
Pirelli Nero
Hankook Ventus S1 evo
Toyo Proxes 4

FaBiO 180":3knx60m7 said:
Dimitris85":3knx60m7 said:
FaBiO 180":3knx60m7 said:
it's strange isn't it??
I think that contis are good on wet (not excellent but good) but on wet I prefer the vredestein!
Between them i think the big difference is that conties have harder side and that help at the corners.
I believe that both tyres are good tyres. For me conties are better for use at the roads with corners (like roads at mountains, when you driving at the limit) and vredenstein are better for every day use and for big roads.
(excuse me for my english if i have any mistakes at my post)

Dimitris85":3j2kvlih said:
FaBiO 180":3j2kvlih said:
Dimitris85":3j2kvlih said:
FaBiO 180":3j2kvlih said:
it's strange isn't it??
I think that contis are good on wet (not excellent but good) but on wet I prefer the vredestein!
Between them i think the big difference is that conties have harder side and that help at the corners.
I believe that both tyres are good tyres. For me conties are better for use at the roads with corners (like roads at mountains, when you driving at the limit) and vredenstein are better for every day use and for big roads.
(excuse me for my english if i have any mistakes at my post)
oh don't worry, i'm italian, and i dont' speak english very well too :lol: :lol:

thaks for your opinion!!!!