2014 Twingo, Rear-engined and Rear wheel drive

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waitey - It's now official - It will be 4 door ..and it will be hidden like Friedchicken91 said .

For motor and interior it's still a secret till next motor show
And the name stays "Twingo" .. not "twin'run"

e4u8upes.jpg

LC":3vxxqtra said:
I've already seen this an kind of like it. However it is just a photoshop and not an official picture I believe.

looks like someones spent quite a lot of time on that RS 'if only' image above. shame that they ploughed all that time in, and actually couldn't take ten minutes to put the rear doors in haha. shame though that RS are not creating another twingo :)

waitey":1mh8mjjk said:
Oizo_133":1mh8mjjk said:
They are saying that inspiration is in old Renault 5 Turbo

Funny I read everywhere its inspiration and it's based on a smart four two :lol:

5 turbo wasn't rear engined and RWD?

it was mid / rear engined and rear wheel drive, where as the renault 5 was front engined / front wheel drive. this setup is where the engines placed just in front of the rear axle where as in an rear engined car the engine is placed behind the rear axle (in the boot essentially). the difference can be a case of inches sometimes!

in a mid / rear engined car with a transverse engine layout, essentially all that it is, is a front wheel drive set up shifted to the rear instead of the front.

on a rear engined / rear driven car, it makes the powertrain alot more mechanically efficient and in acceleration and braking, i suppose renaults just realised this is perfect for darting in and out of city traffic. it certainly won't be a fast car by any stretch of the imagination! fun none the less

its a no from me tbh, its not exactly ugly but its just a bland nothing car it will blend in nicely with the fiat 500s and the adams but thats all imo.

There will be a RS version that's for sure , they would be stupid not too. 6-12 months from the release of the new ''Twingo'' , that's my bet.

I think they haven't mentioned the RS version due to marketing reasons.
Think Renault is waiting around to see how the new Twingo gets received by the public and making people argue and talk about the possible RS version.

Like Ollie said. Just wait a few months..

these decisions are made at least 18 months in advance due to marketing reasons, R&R and a whole load of other things that take time to take a car into production. the general managers at renault dealerships get all the information around a year in advance for order placements and finance allocations to be made because even though X car might not be out until 2015 say, the cars will start production 6 months before release so that they can be shipped and on forecourts for release dates in the most common colours and trim levels. if there is to be a RS twingo it won't be out until the end of 2015 in the same way that the original 133 wasn't released until around a year or so after the models release in 2007 (i think that's right? 2008 wasn't it?)

they bloody better make one!

I was in the new twingo, at Goodwood over the weekend.

First thing I noticed that you step up into it, like the floor itself is higher than the twingo 2. It feels smaller inside too. There is less room in the back seat now that the seat is fixed. Interior is a bit fancier looking, but it's still made from the same sort of plastic as before. (Lots of parts are the same, door handles, a lot of the switches, gearstick, handbrake, pedals, front seats etc). Seems weird for a twingo to have it's dash behind the steering wheel too.