A bit of help/advice required before buying please

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold my blob wrx wagon with full sti engine upgrades for a twingo, at the time i was commuting in town and the booby was costing loads. Always been a renault man and always have one in the house so picked up an rs twingo. Have since started doing nearly 300 miles a week and the only problem i have had was a snapped upper engine mount. last week actually. swapped it for an uprated one job done.

Mines now on 97k and still going strong, gets abused and with a gentle foot and not passing 65 on the dash i clocked 44mpg calculated. The power is nothing like, you will miss the turbo grunt, but the twingo can make you smile, small light and nimble. using turbo cars then the twingo you will have to thrash the twingo to go anywhere but its a different delivery in power. kick its ass and chuck it in the twisties you will enjoy it but there will times when you will come up against something in the road and constantly think "if i was in the scooby".

If i were you would id buy a cheaper quicker clio 182, similar size weight and running costs. Insurance is cheaper on one for me. twingo handles a little better stock for stock but the clio has another 40bhp and more torque on the twingo. odd though i still have mine and enjoy it.

Also there wernt many made so they dont come up for sale often.

Adeyspec":4sxqhf0q said:
Sold my blob wrx wagon with full sti engine upgrades for a twingo, at the time i was commuting in town and the booby was costing loads. Always been a renault man and always have one in the house so picked up an rs twingo. Have since started doing nearly 300 miles a week and the only problem i have had was a snapped upper engine mount. last week actually. swapped it for an uprated one job done.

Mines now on 97k and still going strong, gets abused and with a gentle foot and not passing 65 on the dash i clocked 44mpg calculated. The power is nothing like, you will miss the turbo grunt, but the twingo can make you smile, small light and nimble. using turbo cars then the twingo you will have to thrash the twingo to go anywhere but its a different delivery in power. kick its ass and chuck it in the twisties you will enjoy it but there will times when you will come up against something in the road and constantly think "if i was in the scooby".

If i were you would id buy a cheaper quicker clio 182, similar size weight and running costs. Insurance is cheaper on one for me. twingo handles a little better stock for stock but the clio has another 40bhp and more torque on the twingo. odd though i still have mine and enjoy it.

Also there wernt many made so they dont come up for sale often.

Yeah I know what you mean about missing the grunt just from the couple of times I've driven it but I need to cut costs down so it's something I'll get used to. I'm looking forward to getting it on the road now and chucking it around some B roads.