A little help please

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I'm seriously considering a 133, always thought the insurance would be high but checked at the weekend and it was pretty much what I'm paying now.

Test drove a Glacier White one and absolutely loved it but I dont fancy paying the premium for white any advice on colours as I like them all really?

Just wanted to ask what mpg you all getting, are the figures faily spot on?

Thank you :p

Welcome to the forum, I'd recommend going for a gordini if possible due to the enhanced interior and colour scheme, or my second choice would be black but each to their own.

Mpg wise, ive had around the 40ish mark when driving steady and having the odd blast. if you stay mindful of how heavy your foot is being, you shouldnt feel it too badly :)

Welcome :)

My favourite colours for the 133 are Silver & blue personally, but I don't dislike any of the colours you can get a 133 in. Have a look in the cleaning/detailing & progress threads to see pics of 133s in all the colours and that should give you a good idea.

I tend to only do fairly long drives, but can easily average in the mid to upper 40s If I want to, but that drops down to mid->late 30s if I'm having lots of fun.

Thanks guys, I really like the Gordini but unfortunately my budget won't really stretch that far. I do like the idea of black, it always looks really expensive! I think I will just have to try and see as many colours in real life and then decide.

Thanks for the replies about the MPG its really reassuring to know. I currently get around 41ish anyway so anything above that is a big bonus. I currently drive a Nissan Micra convertible so can't wait to have a car that actually handles half decent :(

Unfortunately the Wind is out of the question one of the reasons I'm getting rid of the Micra is due to needing four seats fairly often when we go to the cinema with friends etc.

Also I love the cheeky looks of the Twingo :p

maggi112":3twtndyy said:
Anything but blue

Maggi shut up blue is the way forward!

You can say you dont like this ;)

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

the reds and whites do it for me... and that liquid yellow... is it a new facelift 133 your after? slim.

If I'd get a Twingo133 I'd be in the most noticable color they have.

these funky little cars need lively, energetic colors :cool:

i had a red one, loved the colour, stands out really well.

i never got anywhere near 40mpg out of mine, was normally the lowest figure.

Welcome! IMO white is the winner hands down ;) and as for MPG I can't seem to get much more than 25ish (thats probably more down to my driving style apparently!)

Thank you all, you are all really nice here :D

I think it will have to be blue or red ... may have to flip a coin :roll:

I love the white but I dread to think what it is like to keep it clean.

I agree MovingShadow, I really like brighter colours. My Micra is green and I love the colour. Just dont like anything else about it anymore.

I'm a little worried about MPG now, is it really that bad?

30 urban, 40 combined, 50 extra urban. ish.... is it the new shape/facelift 133 your after? slim.

Welcome :) personally I love the blue and the mercury 133s, mercury a bit more cause you dont see a lot of them. Also I sometimes find red cars go kinda pink quickly but whatever floats your boat :p theyre still great cars no matter what colour!

MPG i dont worry about its all about having a car you enjoy!

**Awaits the abuse**