Aftermarket Head Unit

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daveyb133

Reaction score
I want to replace my head unit because mine needs a code after pulling the fuse out for it and ive lost my manual so have no code.

What head unit can i fit that will work with the Renault steering controls? is there any because ive been told only the Renault ones work? i want one with a pop out screen but worried it will look rubbish because of the angle the head unit sits at.

i believe its to do with the wiring as to why the controls on the steering wheel work so I would asume that you can get after market cd players/headunits with these wires. I am not sure which wires it is as i havent ever had mine out to look, maybe worth you having a look mate! I am sure you can change the angles of some screens on cd players but which ones I dont know.
This probably doesnt and wont help but maybe you/I never know haha

You are usually able to source the code by providing Renault with the serial number. I believe the steering wheel controls are only programmer to work with some headunits. Some of the buttons may respond differently to how they do on the default headunits. But don't quote me on that as I'm knackered, lol.

Im getting an alpine ida x305s for mine as mate works at am audio shop. He saye the iso adaptor including the loom for the stalk is £99 or something. I can find out more for you if you want. Probably best to still get the code for resale purposes though!

Right for the stick to work it, it is 30 quid for the adapter for !

hi mate i had a ripspeed dv720 in mine and it did look pretty crap to be honest with you.