Air Filter !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here when I bought mine.
Dont know if theres much heat gets back in the airbox from the hot engine/hot weather.

I'm going to put some gaffa tape over mine, see what difference is.
Does sound good without bung though.

I had the bung out for a little spin, just to hear what the difference in noise would be, It sounds just much better without! But I put it back in because I don't want the car to suck in dust and other materials. Also throttle response seemed a bit better with the bung in the airbox.

yh i have green filter fitted now and i have to say does sound better :D

Believe there's only some products they can offer a discount on so you need to PM them to find out.

I gaffa taped the hole up where the bung used to be.
I have the bung still (in the glovebox) but fitting it back in without removing the airbox for ease of handling is difficult

Done around 150miles during the week and 200 miles today
I'm disappointed with the holes covered up so ill be removing again to keep the roar..

Throttle response seemed softer, seemed harder and slower to rev too.
And i thought it would be better sealed up.

If you want to hear a roar, get to halfords and get yourself a universal cone! It is crazy the noise that comes from it! I put one on for a day as a joke... Kept it on for a Brit longer.

However throttle response is better but top speed suffers massively...(can anyone tell me why?) ...I think I'm going to order myself a green Cotten panel filter or a BMC panel. GhostZ has the forced induction kit which I have also heard many good things about.

The world is your oyster!

do you lose power from a panel filter? im quite a novice on this stuff, i was looking at the k-tec panel filter but ive not read the best things on here. BMC seem to have a good write up off people

no, you generally gain power, brand new paper filter vs aftermarket you generally only see tiny gains but the paper filters seem to loose flow much quicker than foam filters.

Morgan":24tpr9ev said:
If you want to hear a roar, get to halfords and get yourself a universal cone! It is crazy the noise that comes from it! I put one on for a day as a joke... Kept it on for a Brit longer.

However throttle response is better but top speed suffers massively...(can anyone tell me why?) ...I think I'm going to order myself a green Cotten panel filter or a BMC panel. GhostZ has the forced induction kit which I have also heard many good things about.

The world is your oyster!

When you stick the cone in it is sucking in hot air rather then cold air. Hot air is bad for the engine and will lower your BHP. BHP is how fast you go (top speed) and Torque is how fast you get there. So you will be down on BHP so your top speed is lowered a result. You will also be a little down on torque so the engine will struggle to push through the resistance more. you wont notice it too much at lower revs as there is less resistance ie wind and friction. but trust ne pull up against a normal twingo unchanged and dont be surprised to watch it pull away even in the lower revs! The rs already struggled to hit its top speed unchanged anyway. So anything that takes away the little power it already has will have noticable affects. Some people say removing the air bung out the air box results in the car producing 1bhp less under dyno. So you imagine what opening the entire air system to hot air would result in!!

I've got a universal halford filter in my car. I'm pulling 7bhp over standard...

Dubz":1bm720dl said:
I've got a universal halford filter in my car. I'm pulling 7bhp over standard...
You my have been pulling 15 over or 5 below before the filter though. Not all cars run standard bhp figures so unless you rr your car without the filter on the same rr as before you can't really say if it effects the figures

Thursto is pretty spot on my 133 sounded amazing with the cone but lacked any pull to the maximum speed. But saying that I never had any noticeable different low down!