Airbag bypass/resistor trick HELP????

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twingo-gt-2k8

Reaction score
Hi there i have just repaired a damaged twingo gt and the airbags were deployed and i have turned off the passager airbag and i want to change my steering wheel to a sparco steering wheel and hub, but obviously the sparco does not have an airbag and my airbag light and service light have come on permently, is there anyway of bypassing the airbad so the light will go off? is there a resistor trick i heard about but cant find any information about? also i have a snapon code reader and clearer, i can see all the faults with the airbag after the crash but cannot clear i asume that its because the car still thinks the airbags are deployed and i think if i can fool the car to think it has its airbags by the resistor trick that i could clear the codes and turn off the warning lights? any information would be greatly apriciated

hmm that is basicly what i did, i soldered two restors to turn the seat side airbag light out, k tec raceing used to sell a resitor kit too, its fairly simple its a case of finding the corect wires and putting the right ohms restor in, hope you get it sorted mate