Airbag deployed help!

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

broomie699

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I had a little incident where my tyre blew out and I hit a curb pretty hard,, passenger seat airbag was deployed, wishbone, ball joint were bent but have been replaced and all is fine now apart from airbag.

I spoke to a renault technition and he said "for safety reasons we can't just replace the airbag, you'll need a whole new seat, mounts e.t.c" he quoted me £800!!!!

I spoke to a local company online and they said if I remove my airbag module and send it to them they could remove the crash data therefore resetting my airbag and turning the light off.

I was wondering if anybody had any other ideas or could possible help me. Also if anybody knows where the airbag module is on a twingo gt. I presume underneath my gear stick and hand brake?

Any help I should really appreciated.

Regards George.

Edit: done some more research, found something about resistors if anybody's knows anything about them. Wires are not my speciality

Airbag ecu is under gearstick/radio section bolted to the floor. If you get it out you can send it off to get reset yes. People normally use resistors when fitting bucket seats because they have no airbags in them.

If you know someone will renault can clip they can set the ecu to not have certain airbags. Safest option is obviously getting a new seat or airbag unit stitched back into your seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think there is a good chance on getting a seat from a breakers given the age of these cars now.

Dave_133":2h01j1xi said:
Airbag ecu is under gearstick/radio section bolted to the floor. If you get it out you can send it off to get reset yes. People normally use resistors when fitting bucket seats because they have no airbags in them.

If you know someone will renault can clip they can set the ecu to not have certain airbags. Safest option is obviously getting a new seat or airbag unit stitched back into your seat.

What resistors do you think I will need? It's more for passing my MOT if anything

Ill have clip next week so you could send the airbag ecu down to me and Ill reset it and send it back.

Think they use 3.3 ohm resistors and just bridge the connector