Airbag Fault- deployed without an impact.

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
so today I was driving with a passenger when my side passenger airbag deployed without warning, there was no impact and we were going around a roundabout when it happened. just wandering if this happened to anyone before... I'm going to take it up with Renault UK because it shouldn't have happened and very nearly caused a crash as a result.. any tips from anyone as to where i should take this would be massively appreciated..

thanks

Katie Mac

Think the only place you can take it is back to a dealer

I have heard a few people suffered this same issue on here. Thegow was one I know of for sure

I've haven't heard of this issue before :shock:

Best thing to do is contact renault UK and get it sorted out. Don't take any price reductions they might offer to replace it. It shouldn't have happened and they should replace everything at their own cost. It's a safety issue not a warranty (if they try to say they won't replace it under warranty).

If that doesn't get anywhere try contacting DVSA (used to be VOSA) and ask for advice there.

thanks guys.. who is thegow?

thanks or the advice.. I've had it recovered to a renault garage so ill talk to them but they aren't doing anything to it until they agree to do it free of charge.. i had a passenger with me who can vouch for me that there was no impact.. which is good. I'm hoping to get some answers tomorrow when i phone them. It really was terrifying..

thanks again :)

p.s i need a new seat so link me some if any come up! :-D

You shouldn't need a new seat as they should replace it

TheGow was a member on here. I remember a phone call with him after this happened. Search his username and I'm sure you'll find the article on here

I've heard a few stories of them going off after hitting potholes and things, remember maybe one story of the P/S seat air bag going off without impact