Airbox bung

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstaylor

Reaction score
Took the rubber bung out a couple of days ago, the exhaust note is defo a bit louder and you get a slight induction roar, gonna upgrade the panel filter next.

I´m new here so forgive me the question:
Has anyone got a picture of the "bung" and hove/were to remove it.
Sorry for my English (i´m for Belgium) :p

maggi112":1jahmrli said:
1f50c115-9894-e91f.jpg

Best I can do

MaartenKv":12wx5kgv said:
ok, thanks. found it. Gives a little more roar indeed.
ps: can it do any harm to the engine?

Not that we know of, so many people have removed it and no one had had issues, apart from trying to get it back on :lol:

I sold my twingo but still have the bung here!
If anybody fancies a spare one! :D ;)

On topic:
No, removing it will not damage the engine or something.
Renault probably wouldn't have build it that way if it would harm the motor!

Any air entering the box through the holes opened up by removing the bung, will still have to pass through the airfilter before going into the engine. So, theres no extra risk :)

The only risk is that you might be hitting the throttle harder because of the lovely noise and the pedal vibration! :D

I believe my bung has already been removed by a previous owner. Am I correct or is there another one?

2014-02-13-213402.jpg

Hijack - where is the bung and how is it removed? Simple question I know but you never can be too sure before you start ripping parts off your car!

taken from a member on here not sure who but i'm sure they shall not mind, i'm sure you can see how it would sit in the airbox holes above!
93_Ren_Sport_Twingo_Bung1.jpg

oscar":4irwosdn said:
taken from a member on here not sure who but i'm sure they shall not mind, i'm sure you can see how it would sit in the airbox holes above!
93_Ren_Sport_Twingo_Bung1.jpg

Ok cool. So looking front on at the air box it's on the left hand side next to the head?

will come out very easy, if you see the three dimples in the picture i linked to you above - 2 on the right and one on the left, they are what holds them in. push them through from the inside and it will come out with a little bit of pressure pushing outwards towards the head from the inside of the air box. the bung is a resonator of sorts, as to why it's there ... it is anybodies clue!

well ... i could tell you and get all technical. but we'll leave this one with some mystery ;)