Alloy Gaitors

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thinking of getting them once the weather picks up and the alloys go back on

They don't fit with the standard tyres but a good idea... I was considering this on an old car where I wanted to paint the lip of the alloy... Was going to get these instead!

TURBO":rmk65sij said:
why dont u just learn to park???
You could get forced into curb by large lorry in narrow road. Slide into kerb in ice aswell.

Matt":120n31oh said:
They don't fit with the standard tyres but a good idea... I was considering this on an old car where I wanted to paint the lip of the alloy... Was going to get these instead!

By the looks of your wheels you need them for your RS ;)

I wouldn't bother with these guys! I fitted a set to my 133 and caused me nothing but grief!

Credit where its due though they are really easy to fit and didn't really look to bad at all and within the first day of having them on some silly cow in a Audi Q7 squeezed me into the kerb and they stood up really well and protected to wheel.

However, I did notice that the front ones kept coming out a little bit and they looked further out than the rear ones did, I put this down to the Low Profile Tyres and the strain/load the front tyres are under from when you throw the 133 into corners. So because of this I had to keep hitting them back in with a rubber mallet which became very frustrating.

The reason for me throwing them in the bin was because one day on the way home from work on a dual carriageway doing 70mph, the front drivers side Gator came out whipped round and with a HUGE BANG smashed my drivers side wing mirror to pieces, it then flung into the air bounced down the carriageway and hit the car behind me. As you can imagine something like this happening at them kind of speeds is rather frightening.
As a result I ragged them all out because I just didn't trust them at high speeds.

Just though I'd give you a heads up guys.

Here's a few pictures of what mine did look like with them on.

Photo0205.jpg

Photo0207.jpg

Photo0209.jpg

Photo0210.jpg

Thay do look very protective but like you said coming off at high speeds more hassle then there worth by the sounds of things and also like you said can damage the car !!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap :( was really excited to hear about these from a guy at work and now I find out they´re a bit rubbish I´m all dissappointed........I was all set to buy some cause no matter how hard you try there´s always something out there that jumps up at your wheels when you´re least expecting it......but thanks for trying them out first cause you´ve saved me some money :D

....guess I´ll put that 45 squid in a jar to pay for the inevitable!