Al's car past

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al

Reaction score
5.jpg

BMW Z3 2.8
DSC01552.jpg

Lupo GTi
DSC01054.jpg

Nova: Redline, TVX featured
20.jpg

Chavy Nova ;) i knew you had it inside yourself :lol:

Z3 and Lupo hairdressers car (stop it ducky) ;)

Least you have the Renaults to keep your repertaion up on the cool side :)

Ollie133cup":2onec45q said:
What was going through your mind when you got the bodykit for the Nova ? =P

It was mag featured in 2004 - a lot has changed since then with what's "acceptable". Carbon bonnets, for example, where just coming out.... At the time, it was "the most stripped out road-legal Nova in Europe" :p

Twingogeekeo":3s7v35xi said:

Ha, clearly you've never driven the Lupo GTi. Alex will back me up on this one - fantastic little cars!

And you be quiet, didn't you have a Ford?!

That's a good list of cars mate. I like all of them apart from the Nova. The Twingo 133 is really similar to the Lupo GTI, I'd say it's kind of an old fashioned version of the 133.

Some nice motors there, especially the 182 and the Lupo of course haha.

The Nova is very 2003 but back then, that's what was being done. Wouldn't take a lot to make it tidy little minter though. Would only need the wheels and bodykit taken off to look fresh and like a modern modified cars.

I will put my hands up to having some silver tail lights on my Clio 172 back in 2004! lol Oh the shame haha

Alex_225":2hgfj2ch said:
Some nice motors there, especially the 182 and the Lupo of course haha.

The Nova is very 2003 but back then, that's what was being done. Wouldn't take a lot to make it tidy little minter though. Would only need the wheels and bodykit taken off to look fresh and like a modern modified cars.

I will put my hands up to having some silver tail lights on my Clio 172 back in 2004! lol Oh the shame haha

Exactly - I wouldn't dream of it now but 7 years is a long time car-wise. It was given a full spread back then in Redline, where as you read this months issue and it's all about chasing the perfect track car - plus they all slate bodykits etc which they loved back then. Just a sign of the times!

Couple of photos of the interior - all hand built by me; carbon fibre dash and interior panels, alu custom heater, digital dash etc

345.jpg

234.jpg

1796big8.jpg

And the photos that give me a nervous breakdown everytime I see them: the rewiring I spent 4 weeks doing

2.jpg

3.jpg

Al":3k4e9kug said:
Twingogeekeo":3k4e9kug said:

Ha, clearly you've never driven the Lupo GTi. Alex will back me up on this one - fantastic little cars!

And you be quiet, didn't you have a Ford?!

GTi certainly ain't a hairdressers car - nice balance for handling makes it good for chucking around and pretty decent on grunt too..

^ someone in the know! 125bhp in a well built go-kart with xenons.

Yeah the Lupo GTIs certainly isn't a girls car, I don't think any of us are in a position to refer to girly or hairdressers cars, we drive Twingos!!!! hahahaha

My Lupo Sport was only making 117bhp but that was a perfectly capable little car, not far off the pace of the RS Twingos. Only thing is the Sport needed to be lowered and on wider wheels to make it less girly and more sporty though.

Alex_225":atxr6tpb said:
Yeah the Lupo GTIs certainly isn't a girls car, I don't think any of us are in a position to refer to girly or hairdressers cars, we drive Twingos!!!! hahahaha

My Lupo Sport was only making 117bhp but that was a perfectly capable little car, not far off the pace of the RS Twingos. Only thing is the Sport needed to be lowered and on wider wheels to make it less girly and more sporty though.

I had a Sport before the GTi - hence the upgrade - but can't seem to find any photos at the moment. I used to be a prominent member over on ClubLupo, so much so this thread made me nostalgic so I took a visit on there earlier.

Twingogeekeo":33t3cp8k said:

A lupo GTI is not a hairdressers car :x

Al":3b6wjkag said:
Alex_225":3b6wjkag said:
I had a Sport before the GTi - hence the upgrade - but can't seem to find any photos at the moment. I used to be a prominent member over on ClubLupo, so much so this thread made me nostalgic so I took a visit on there earlier.

It's not a bad club actually, I'm on there as well although haven't been on in some time.

The Lupo Sport was a cool little car, had some great VW qualities about it like the interior. Sadly it needed to be modified to look just right. The Lupo GTi though looks great as standard. Just a shame they are so expensive for what you get for your money.

The GTi was so expensive for what it is. Random fact but I bought mine brand new in 2005 and it was the last registered black GTi as far as I know (at the time of purchase only 3 unregistered were in the country and no more were due to be imported; hence why mine had to come from the VW storage place in Wales)- although there were rumours of an '06 plate one back in the day but no one had evidence lol

CL was a great little community - it's grown massively since I was on there. One of the mods (Bossjohnc) is a good friend of mine just up the road.