Another Gordini..

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesw

Reaction score
Hey Guys and girls,

Ive been a member on here for a while now with my Gordini 100 and have loved the car for past 18 months. It got to a stage of spending more and more money on it or bite the bullet and buy a Gordini 133. After some number chrunching and searching I found the right one and went for it.

So Its Number 119 which after looking is a pervious 133.net member. Blue with the Blue inserts on the wheels

The handling

In one word 'Amazing', I changed the springs in my 100 to Spax which made a massive diffrence but this is in a diffrent league. Proper Go kart!!

Power

I was very supprised with the little 1.2tce on its power and torque low down in the revs. Its no Supercar but it had something going for it. Jumping into the 133 felt alot diffrent, Engine note,power and the gear box are worlds apart. Love the sound of the 133 when it gets up in the revs and with the gear box feeling shorter throws between the gears. Its a dream.

Interior and Extior

Not alot of diffrence between the two cars apart from the beefer wheel archs and leather intior. Ive always liked the quirkey layout of the twingo inside and the front on the 133 looks alot more angry :twisted:

So over all I think ive made a great choice and cant wait to get back out there and drive it!!

Ill be getting some new Pics up of both cars as the mother has kept hold of the Dini 100 :)

Thanks

I know the feelin mate from havin a gt for 19 months the gettin the 133 a year ago. I've not looked back. Make sure the bung has been removed if not remove it :)

You'll love it James.

Really good handling as you say, I part chopped my Civic Type R and a bit of cash the garages way for my 133 Gordini.

Not really looked back on the whole. A couple of niggles (rattle + leaking wiper spindle) being looked at later in the week at Renault, but nothing thats insurmountable.

Get some 'Dr Leather' on the seats and they will keep the nice and matte factory look.

Cheers guys!!

Been out in it again tonight and come back with a big smile on my face :D.

Haven't yet took the bung out but it is a job todo tomorrow. Thanks for the advice with the dr leather JMR, ill be getting some of that before the weekend.

So far so good!!

Looks sweet mate.

Got to love a dini. Glad you are enjoying the car

Different experience with the bung out.

Mine was out when I bought it, but I gaffa taped it back up to see if there was much difference.
Lasted two days and then I took the tape off again and left it "bung out"

BMC filter element in too.

JMR":2q1s8a7n said:
Different experience with the bung out.

Mine was out when I bought it, but I gaffa taped it back up to see if there was much difference.
Lasted two days and then I took the tape off again and left it "bung out"

BMC filter element in too.

Taken it off this morning and now it sounds epic!!.. With a BMC filter i think id be onto a winner :)

Ive also got a Clio182 Cup - all bog standard as it came out the factory, now that sounds nice, but nothing in comparison to the Twingo with the bung out :D

Airbox roar is sooooooo much better than making the whole thing louder by getting a daft exhaust droning away at you all the time.

I'm hooked. :)

I've put the original wheels back on. The 182 alloys are gonna be going onto the 133 this week for over the winter :)

Thought id just do a quick update and take a few quick pics of both Dini's

Had the RS nearly a week now and its still impressing me. Drove the 100 today and it feels even more diffrent to RS :)

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2676.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2680.jpg

IMG_2683.jpg

No real plans yet for the RS apart from putting the 182 alloys off the Dini 100 for over the winter :)

Cheers :)

I think the blue and black go together. Mum loves driving the dini 100, she's got the bug!!