Another Japan only Edition

Twingo Forum

Help Support Twingo Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madmatt":3a6wgojw said:
How come Renault JP seem to be making Japan only editions and contracting out parts all over the place?!

It is SO difficult for foreign manufacturers (of anything, not just cars) to gain penetration in the Japanese market, that they have no option but to make custom editions of their products.

And the Japanese have a fixed (and, to us, slightly peculiar) idea of what a product needs to "look European", so manufacturers have to match that view in order to sell.

Nothing new in this - they were doing it with Mini Coopers in the 1960s.

madmatt":1iuekt2w said:
Mr_Ben":1iuekt2w said:
As ever JDM fcuking rocks

+1 and exactly what direction I'm planning on taking my car hehehe.

And to the "slightly peculiar" look...I kinda like it =P

M

JDM yes on a euro car NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i cant track down jap twingo forum site :( shame, i bet they must have some insane GT's running bootleg'd turbos from a skin line of something lol

TOUGH! IT'S MY CAR, I'LL DAMN WELL DO AS I PLEASE Xp

If loads of people can "Euro" a Civic, then I can JDM a Twingo and there's JACK you can do about it Xp

........I love you really Karl :D
But I'm still JDM'ing my Twingo =P

M

:( Will be nice to see but please dont wreck your car :lol:

I just dont like JDM on non Jap cars and hate eurod Jap cars :lol:

Karl, I will try my best not to, I won't be going mental JDM, just subtle..with a healthy smattering of Carbon. HKS has already been found, as have the Rotas in 16's for extra Jap goodness and the Cusco catch tank =)

There's a point Orb...but where would I put them? Above the fog surrounds?

madmatt":3b098zlx said:
Karl, I will try my best not to, I won't be going mental JDM, just subtle..with a healthy smattering of Carbon. HKS has already been found, as have the Rotas in 16's for extra Jap goodness and the Cusco catch tank =)

There's a point Orb...but where would I put them? Above the fog surrounds?

Oh thats fine i fought you ment all the exhaust and that :lol:

Twingogeekeo":332vwlzv said:
Oh thats fine i fought you ment all the exhaust and that :lol:

What's "and that" consist of...
The exhaust will be going on, only a 3 Inch slash exit though. Nothing like the Twin 5 Inch exit on my brother's Swift.

M

i was thinking jap backbox when i was having exhaust done, but sound level killed it off. nice extremely large oval to fill the diffuser hole lol

my dad fitted a 6 x 4 inch oval exhaust to mine when i 1st got it to see what it looked like, it lasted 2 mins max whilewe both took the mickey out of how bad, wrong and out of place it looked and then the standard one went back on

i think the GT could pull it off as turbos give a nice bass and dont scream the house down ( unless screamer pipe is there)